Alcoholism Community
Blackout while drinking

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Blackout while drinking

Hi. I am 25 years old female, 5'5" and 110 lbs. In high school and university I used to party (not too much, just regular) and did not have blackouts with the exception of one time, but the amount of alcohol consumed was extreme...
Recently, in past 3 month I attended two parties (bridal shower and wedding of my friends) and both times i don't recall what happened at the end of the party. My husband had to take me home. He tells me what I was doing but I have absolutely no memory about those events.
I don't drink. I work a lot, with almost no days off and I think I have very stressed life. At my friends wedding I had about 4 glasses of white wine with a lot of ice within 4-5 hours. I felt absolutely normal in the morning: no headache or anything, but no memories... How can I explain what is going on with me? Should I stop drinking at all? I feel like those blackouts are getting worse. And I feel embarrassed cause other people will be talking about that drunk girl.
how large were the glasses of wine?do you know per ounce size of glass?
Hello. Chances are, If you think you may have a problem, you do. Are you able to attend such functions without drinking? Another thing to consider is that your body may not be processing alcohol efficiently, which could indicate digestive problems. A doctor visit including a liver panel (blood test) would be a good idea. Hope this helps and take care, GM
What an interesting case.  I would go tell my doctor right away, that's not normal.  Don't panic though, it seems you stressful lifestyle may be taking its tole.  Please let us know what you find out
That could be related to the drinking or something else altogether. You're a pretty tiny person so it's not surprising that you would have a low tolerance for alcohol but 4 glasses of wine over 5 hours doesn't seem like it should cause blackouts or memory loss.

I agree with Boogieman and Surfin... this is interesting and doesn't seem normal. There may be something else going on with your body that's affecting how your body processes the alcohol. Definitely check with your doctor and have him/her run some tests. It could be something completely unrelated to drinking and alcohol is just exacerbating it.
the glass was about 11.5 oz. I would fill it up halfway and the rest was ice
I have no problem attending parties without drinking, but on the other hand it is the only time when I can relax :)
Rough estimates of this in accordance with your body weight and stated time of consumption would give you a .BAC of roughly .13-.14!In Ohio legal limits for intoxication is .08!Were u driving?
Are you on medication that could interact with your drink?  
no i was not driving. according to my husband i was not able to walk from the car to the hotel room and he had to carry me :)
not taking ANY pills or medication, but i just remembered that both times I smoked a cigar. and my memories became blurry after that. Hm... is that possible that I inhaled the smoke from the cigar? - I don't know. May be thats what caused all of it.
Hello. Once again, I would consult with a physician to rule out any physical issues. If you do have any, you're young, and as such, you could likely address them before they become serious.take care, GM
Women definitely process alcohol more rapidly than men.  I saw a documentary on it where the woman was trashed before the guy and drank the same amount.   You may be developing an intolerance to it.  Wines can be strong!    I can black out if I mix just a couple beers and red wine.  That's nearly lethal to me.    

Maybe have something lighter and leave the wine alone next time and see what happens.

Check for blood sugars too - are you anxious after you eat sweets if at all?