Aa
A
A
Close
1211508 tn?1343083205
Can a stop in weekend binge drinking cause withdrawals?
I'm 38 and have been drinking on weekends since I was 21.  I used to drink every Fri and Sat night til 2001.  After that I drank only on weekends.  I would typically have 7-9 drinks (shots and beers) in a 2-3 hour period.  I stopped drinking a month ago.  Is withdrawal possible?  Seems unlikely given I didn't drink daily.  I want to mention that I am not craving alcohol at all.  But my resting HR is up 12-15 bpm and I noticed some other weird symptoms (sudden dizziness/lightheadedness that lasts for 30-60 minutes).  But I have phobias so maybe that's why.  I also may have overtrained in exercise.  But I thought I'd investigate the alcohol withdrawal route as a possibility???  

Thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello James

I would not have thought you are experiencing alcohol withdrawals now if you have not touched alcohol for a month. It is possible to suffer from alcohol withdrawal after binge drinking also get yourself a massive hangover! Maybe you are anxious and experiencing anxiety attacks they have all sorts of weird symptoms including fast pulse, lightheadedness and feeling dizzy. Maybe you should pay a visit to your doctors if you are worried :-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources