Dizzy when not drinking?
Hi.

I'm wondering if any of my symptoms are related to my drinking. I need to see a doctor, I know I do. I'm just scared. I've been drinking heavily for about a year. I drink daily, I can't really get through my day without it. I have an ulcer and other gastrointestinal problems from it. Lately I am horribly dizzy if I'm not drinking....why is this? So much so that the room spins, even if I'm sitting or laying down. I still get a little off balance when I am drinking, but I don't have that spinning feeling. I am nauseous all the time. I tingle. nd the dizziness is interfering with my life. I'm scared, I don't know what it is or why I feel this way. Any advice or ideas?
U really need to schedule an appointment with ur family doctor and be completely honest about the amount u drink!Hope u do this ASAP!
HI kitkat57

I would agree with what ibizan said get to your doctor ASAP.
Get honest with yourself about the effects drink is having on you and everyone around you.

I have no medical experience just my own personal experience with alcoholism and my struggle to get and stay sober.
If you cant get through the day without a drink then you have a problem. First step see a doctor.
Drinking is no remedy for dizziness or gastro problems or any other problems you may have. drink will in fact exasperate most problems.
Anxiety can lead us to drink, alcoholism can cause  Anxiety it’s a viscous circle.
rod44
yes, see a doctor, but I had symptoms like this at the end of my "daily drinking career".  I was dizzy all the time, and it finally forced me to quit and put myself through my first detox.  It took about 4-6 weeks for the symptoms to go away.  I can't say what's going on inside of you but you've probably just reached the overload point with alcohol.  Time to stop, and put the bottle down for good before it kills you.

Be honest with the doctor. They've seen it all before.  Just follow instructions and be patient.  It took awhile for you to get this way and it'll take awhile to get things right again.