Alcoholism Community
Does anyone here have alcohol neuropathy?
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does anyone here have alcohol neuropathy?

HI i drank for 5 strong years. For a year in a half i've had a drop in sensation through out my body. Plus tingling and some pain. I stopped drinking 2 months ago. And i'm having some issues with ballance, my feet and ankles seem weaker and my ankles wobble when trying to balance on one foot. Also i feel somewhat dizzy and disoriented when i walk. I;m able to walk ok, but i'm scared that this will get worse. Has anyone had anything similar happen to them. If it was the alochol that caused this, could i possibly  regain my balance back? I've been taking b vitamins, for a year. Any advice would be great.
Blank
Exactly, one day at a time. Seeing a neurologist sounds like a good idea. The human body has an amazing way of repairing and recovering from poison us addicts put it in it.  Stay sober, eat healthy, get some sunshine and see your doctor.  That's my advice ;-)
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
That doesn't sound right.  After 2 months of sobriety I would think you would start to feel more balanced.  Maybe there is something else going on.  Can you go to a doctor and have tests done?
Blank
Thanks for responding. I've had a stress test and some blood work done. Everything was normal except for my vitamin d. Its really low, so maybe its that. I think i need to see a neurologist. I'm just afraid i have some messed up neurological disorder, or damage from drinking. But i need to stay in the present, and take it one day at a time.
Blank
Exactly, one day at a time. Seeing a neurologist sounds like a good idea. The human body has an amazing way of repairing and recovering from poison us addicts put it in it.  Stay sober, eat healthy, get some sunshine and see your doctor.  That's my advice ;-)
Blank
Thanks you for your advice. I definitely will do those things. Take care!
Blank
Good luck.  I have posted elsewhere here, and have alcohol-induced neuropathy symptoms that started with a single instance of heavy drinking.  Doctors will tell you it's not possible, but for some people it apparently is.  Since then, I have been much more susceptible to the nerve effects of alcohol, and have tingling in hands and feet, slight sexual dysfunction and occasional arrhythmia.  I've tried a lot of things, and have to say that doctors have not been much help.  The two things that do help are 1) not drinking and 2) exercising.  Good luck.
Blank
Have you considered consulting with a reputable recommended licensed homeopathic nutritionist?sometimes when traditional medicine doesn't succeed the homeopathy can!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...