Alcoholism Community
Does drinking for 3 days straight make you sick a day after?

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

First off, I'm not an alcoholic. This drinking I was doing was very rare and only because I was at an event the whole weekend. Anyways, I drank Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night last week and Sunday I was hungover and tired because I didn't get much sleep over the weekend. Yesterday, which was Monday, I went to sleep around 1030 and woke up a couple times, sweating once or twice, maybe a slight fever (not sure though). My throat was a bit dry too. Is this from my 3 day binge drinking you think? Or something else? I'm better today, which is Tuesday...
Thank You in advance!
Also to add, I had unprotected sex only for about 5-10 seconds Saturday night, which was the last night I was drinking. I asked my friend if she was clean and she said yes and not to worry...I ALWAYS worry though and people tell me I worry too much about stuff...So yeah
Although the situation you described isn't funny, I have to admit that I chuckled over it.  Monday night you may have been having slight withdrawl (withdrawal) effects from your drinking.  When I drink and go to bed I usually wake up at about 3:30am sweating and feeling a little yucky too.  I'm no doctor but I wouldnt be surprised if it was from the drinking.  And as far as the unprotected sex....  Hello??  I'm assuming you are old enough to know better!!  Watch yourself, and next time you visit the doc, I'd get a blood workup done, just to be safe.
I'd say it was the effects of the drinking,it depends how much you drank,it can take days to get it out of your system.As for unprotected sex,not smart,anyone can say they are clean,keep condoms with you at all times.

Denise
To me it sounds like a case of the withdraws.  I am a recovering alcholic I used to have to go and get a beer in the middle of the night so I could sleep.  Just be careful
Agreed. Probably withdrawl (withdrawal). A couple of nights straight of some hefty drinking and your body gets used to it. It's a bit of a shock when you stop. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can always check with your doctor if you're concerned or if it continues more than a day or two but everything you're describing fits in with withdrawl (withdrawal).
yeah, but do you think hiv symptoms can show up 2 DAYS AFTER my encounter? or is that too soon? Could it possibly show up early because I was drinking for 3 days and I had a weak immune system probably?
Thanks  -  
How much did you drink and when do you think the alcohol was actually out of your sytem that you felt ill.   They told me I had alcohol in my sytem still from about 24 hours ago that i drank...  I am not sure how it all works those are just my thoughts
HIV symptoms do not show up 2 days after a risky sexual encounter.The Center for Disease Control's website will educate you on std's...google it and read!
Sounds like when you drink you dont make very good choices.  I would be taking a real hard look at that one.  You drank for 3 days straight.  Your body is just trying to heal itself from all the abuse you did to it.  Think about it.........sara
yeah, i agree. i usually don't get like this or make these dumb moves! I was at an event for 3 days straight and i guess i just got caught up in the mix. POOR CHOICES... :(
Hopefully you have learned a good lesson here.  You can attend events and stay sober.  You dont want to get caught in the mix of alcoholism, trust me..........sara
for sure, yeah i agree. I'm definitely changing it up from now. thanks for your input.
after contracting hiv it is said that you can  experience flu like symptoms 2 weeks after intercourse. i would say that you was experiencing withdrawals which would happen after 3 days of heavy drinking. if still worried go to gum clinic in about 2 to 3 months to get checked out.