Drinking avery night. Need help
I been drinking almost every night for the last year or so. I do it mostly because I normally feel depressed with no interest in normal activities such as watching a movie or going out with friends. I feel like the only way to enjoy myself is to drink before I go out or I do social activities. The most I would drink is 6 to 8 beers at night which is probably why I don't have shakes or any harsh withdrawal symptoms but I obliviously need help.

Please point me in the right directions
Every night*
A good start would be AA... don't believe the hype about it being cultish or whatever. Everyone is super nice and the best part is that they are all there for the exact same reason. You are not alone and I think you'll feel better seeing that. I promise that however good you feel after you've had a beer in the social scene, you'll feel that *much* better and even gain a sense of empowerment upon being sober. Trust me, in hind sight you'll see that your drunk self isn't exactly the one you want to be know for. You need to basically stop after 2 beers a night. Have coffee or tea or a crazy juice concoction if you're out. I know you're in a rut so please know it's just that. It's almost summer and time for a change. Could you hook up with a psychologist? Many people have to hit their own personal 'bottom' to stop drinking, but hopefully you can adjust your habit before that to one that's not problematic. Good luck!

PS. I drank red wine pretty much daily for about 4 years. That's all it took me to be diagnosed with cirrhosis. I was only 34. I'm 36 now and have been sober since my 'bottom' (the diagnosis) and I'm happier (and luckily now healthy) than I've ever been.
hi. i concur with the above advice. i had to get much more beaten down before i was even able ti admit i had a problem---and i was the last to know. taking action now will spare you things like paralyzing fear and incomprehensible demoralization as a way of existence. best of luck---gm