Alcoholism Community
Drinking on an empty stomach--worse for the liver??

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Man this topic is debated like crazy among my friends and some of the online searches.  So what's the answer?  Some say it doesn't matter whether your stomach is full or empty, if you drink X amount of liquor your liver has to process that no matter what.  Others say drinking on an empty stomach is most definitely harder on your liver and worse for you in the long run.  

Anyone know the truth on this one?
Irregardless of whether ur stomach is full or empty.......large amounts of alcohol NEGATIVELY affect the liver!
Not sure of what would be the correct answer but i did a test. I drank 2 bottles of red wine on an empty stomach and next morning the alcohol never left my body until approx 1pm and i felt fatigued, Next night i drank the same but i ate a large donner calzone and tested my alcohol level in the morning, no alcohol present and felt brilliant. maybe further tests should be done on this subject.
Sorry forgot to say. So if i have no alcohol present in my blood after eating then the alcohol is processed much faster than what the experts agree on???
if its gone than it is gone!perhaps u could research the subject more in the literature and present the findings to us!
I have 2 very good friends here, one with end stage cirrhosis and the other with hepatitis.  They might be able to tell you a thing or 2 about this question.  All i know is you are playing with fire and you will get burnt.
I find this post a lil sad. How to drink longer and more without liver damage.. maybe you should directly test your liver for it tries long after to rid itself of the toxins.. drinking everyday allows it to pickle in alcohol.. you also may want to test your kidneys/heart/blood viens as alcohol is not selective on what it destroys. what does it matter food out no ? Alcohol is destructive in more ways then just physical.. I wish you well with your experiment but many ahead of you have tried and have failed.. lesa