Alcoholism Community
Drinking too much?
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Drinking too much?

I'm a recovering addict one month away from my 10 year anniversary. My drug of choice was heroin and I was never much of a drinker. However I'm afraid alcohol has become my drug of choice now. I got clean and stayed completely straight for about 8 years. Then some life events caused me to start drinking. At first it was just a social thing but now I'm up to a third of a liter of vodka a day as well as beer. I've even started drinking at 7am before I go to work. I feel I'm heading down a slippery slope and it seriously came out of nowhere. I haven't been to a meeting in years and I'm not sure what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1696489_tn?1370825574
Time to get back to those meetings.  You have an addictive personality (so do I, which is why I can recognize it), so remaining in control of your life is going to be work for life.  Please begin again now.  God bless - Blu
Blank
Trying to find time for meetings is the hard part. I'm single with 3 kids full time and absolutely no support around me.
Blank
1930941_tn?1400111122
Most definitly...go to a meeting. Whenever I think about slipping, I go to a meeting and realize its a crazy thought!! Good Luck!!
Blank
5039239_tn?1364028271
Quit drinking and go to AA meetings right away. Don't let alcohol ruin you when you have done so good keeping clean from heroin. Can you talk to your doctor about the drinking, sounds very progressed when you are drinking before work. Go to AA meetings, you can find them on your computer. Stay away from stress and stop drinking now before you hurt your liver. Keep very busy doing other things and make sure to eat good and drink something else like coffee and juice.
Blank
Hi.. Go to rehab center as soon as possible and don't let your temptation on alcohol to over dominate you
Blank
[url=http://onlinecashandcarry.co.uk]Beer,wine and spirit[/url] higher quantity fo alcohol is harmful for our body.We all know that its hard to let these thing.If you control that thing i am sure their will be time when you feel free from all these thing.At last concern your doctor or consult your self.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...