Ever been creeped out by your doctor?
My medical doctor asked me if I need to see a psychiatrist!  I asked him why?  He said that it was strange that I asked for Lorazapam (an addictive drug) to help with anxiety, when I'm also trying to quit alcohol (also an addictive drug).  I asked for Lorazapam by name because it helped me get through a nasty divorce where physical assault and PTSD were involved.  I didn't get hooked on the stuff.  When I was done, I was done.  Period.  My doctor initially gave me Buspirone which sent me into a very bad state of mind!  Now he has prescribed Nortriptylin.  I'm going to Google it before I take it.  I told him "no more mood altering drugs".  We'll see!
did u explain why you asked for that one and how it helped you before, and that during the time u were on it you never became addicted.
Many general practitioners are trying to steer away from prescribing Ativan which is habit forming and prefer to steer ppl to a psych doc.It is a drug one doesn't just stop taking,as you know you have to wean yourself off of it.