Alcoholism Community
How can I help my daughter

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

How can I help my daughter

my daughter has alcoholic hepatitis and cirrhosis, pancreatitis and heart disease what is the life expectancy life expectancy
She has been to multiple treatment center, mental institution (delirium) sober living, and most recently I had her court ordered into treatment for 8 months, them she was placed in a 30 day program where she drank and they put her in jail for 60 days, she wasn't out of jail an hour and started drinking again. I don't know what more I can humanly do for her. She has 2 kids and can't seem to find anything to live for except alcohol she has attempted suicide 3 times once while I was undergoing cancer treatment she took a hand full of my morphine pills, once she injected herself with insulin, and another time she took a variety of pills with alcohol. I suspect she will not live much longer, and I could possibly get another court order but am I in such denial that all I am doing is delaying the inevitable?
Hello and welcome to this forum

You must be absolutely distraught about your daughter, as I mother myself I know I would be heart broken, I feel your pain. I'm not sure that any one could tell you your daughters life expectancy and I for sure do not feel able to give you advice as I don't feel experienced enough.

All I can say is that you will be in my thoughts and I will pray for you and your daughter. I'm sure some one on this forum will be able to give more advice than I can.

Best wishes too you.

Rachel