How much alcohol can kill you?
How much alcohol can kill someone? If a 120 lb. girl drank a whole fifth of bicardi rum would it kill her?
she is only a weekend drinker, not everyday but it is getting totoally out of hand.
hi. it would depend on how fast it was consumed  and how well her body metabolizes the alcohol. a persons tolerance can increase through repeated abuses, but in general that type of drinking indicates an increased potential risk of developing full blown alcoholism in addition to acute alcohol poisoning. to answer your question, yes, that could be at worst fatal, and at best a prelude to disaster. good luck---gm
Whew!lil girl can sock it away!weekend warriors can become alcoholics as well!
As much as it takes to kill ya'!
(Can someone give me an Easy Button?)
Love and Light
Tinkerbell
You didn't mention the age, but given what you said, and that you used the term 'girl' rather than woman, I'm assuming we are talking college age? I did some searching for you, and found a very helpful link about college drinking and alcohol poisoning:

http://www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/OtherAlcoholInformation/factsAboutAlcoholPoisoning.aspx

Pay special attention to the symptoms. I know from first hand experience that a lot of things go through your mind when you think someone may have alcohol poisoning, and there is a natural reaction to hope you are wrong and wait to see if the person to be OK, and that people may very well get mad if you are wrong and drag them to the hospital. But I took a girl to the ER one day for this, and discovered that not only was she having respiratory problems due to the amount she had to drink, but she was also diabetic and about to enter a diabetic coma. I have never regretted my decision. I have also had two friends die after aspirating their own vomit after binge drinking.