Alcoholism Community
I need help with my husband, I dont know what to do

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I need some help. My husband has been sober for exactly a year and a half but before that, it was a long road!! He has chronic pancreatitis and is seeing a pain specialist who has given him morphine for the constant pancreatic pain. Bfore He stoped drinking, he had an episode where he was sick for a week and started having I guess hallucinations and was hospitalized. They said he was dehydrated. Lastnight, he started having the same kind of hallucinations and saying things that didnt make sense. He is also insulin dependent diabetic and taes many meds. I don't know what to think or do!It is almost like having an alzheimers patient yet he is ony 50. What do I do and why is this .happening??????                  Amy M
I'm sorry that I missed your post before now!! You are in a terrible position. What did you end up doing about this? My God, how is he, and you NOW? If it were me, I would call an ambulance and get him into emerg for testing, for sure. I've lost my late husband, to a diabetic coma. The fact that he's insulin dependent is a considerable risk and should be in a hospital if anything get's out of control. I hope you get back here and let me know if everything's okay for you two. God Bless. Keep Strong. Hugs. Liz