I need to stop
I am having shakes now. Is this part of drinking. It has taken over me.
It is not a question of needing to stop, but wanting to stop. Sure the shakes can be due to drinking.
I definitely agree with allmymarbles. It comes with the drinking. And it doesn't stop there.

It took me over once too. Had me on my knees and there was no sunlight. But somehow, it changed. Somehow, I was saved. You can be too.
I know exactly how you feel. not that long ago I got the shakes for the first time shortly after drinking. I also felt extreme anxiety. I knew what it was but couldn't understand why it never happened before. it means your body is becoming physically addicted to the alcohol. it will only get worst from here on in. time to get some serious help and stop. the fun stops here. trust me on this. my prayers are with you. trust me you can stop. do it before its too late.clownn2
Heavy alcoholic consumption  leads to shakes. If you are not able to stop drinking , De- addiction centers can help you to overcome drinking habit.