Alcoholism Community
I think i may have liver damage.

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I think i may have liver damage.

Im a 23 year old male and have been abusing alcohol for the last two years. I dont think i am an alcoholic but i do drink maby 4-5 times a week and dont have a physical dependancy on alcohol but get very tempted when i get paid to buy alcohol and always end up doing so. I have been having pains in my liver in the last month and noticed yesterday that my both my nipples and breast tissue are sore and tender the right one is also slighty swolen and feels like their is a lump underneath the skin. I did a google search and found that nipple pain can be linked to liver damage. I know i must stop drinking. I will but do u think it would be ok if i stop drinking and not consult a doctor about my liver pain and breast pain? My liver in time will reheal itself. Its hard for me to get the doctors i cant aford the transport at the moment. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
Personally, if I thought my LIVER was malfunctioning... I'd go to the doctor as soon as I could.  I would want to know if this was indeed something that I needed to worry about (liver disease) and would want to get started on the road to recovery as soon as I could.
I agree with brice, see a doctor, he will run a blood test, you'll know for sure. Can't see a Doctor? Walgreens, CVS and others have mini-clinics. You can see  a PA or RN and the charge is usually $65 or so... Also google symptoms for liver troubles. MedHelp also has symptom checkers and you can run a search and read past posts on here.

As for quitting, you'll feel much better when you quit, but the craving you describe won't go away with simple abstinence. You'll need aftercare like AA or counseling,  The alcohol is a symptom of the disease of alcoholism. The disease has many other aspects that need to be dealt with. Try a meeting and approach the program with honesty openness and some willingness and you can have great success not drinking;  most importantly not even wanting to drink any more. Stopping alcohol is an event, recovery is a process.

I wish you the best recovery.
Please save the $ you've been drinking up and get to see a doctor for a blood test son. Can your parent's help with the $?  I agree that you need to be open to going to AA to stay off liquor. It's hard to change your lifestyle without the help of others. Try to go to a closed group, and just listen at first if you wish. You'll hear your story over and over again. It's a good place to find clean and sober friends that you can go out with and have fun with , minus the alcohol. Let us know how it goes , and please, reach out by private message to anyone on here that you think you might like to hear more from , okay? That's what we're here for. I haven't wanted a drink for about 14 years now. AA works. xo Liz