Alcoholism Community
I'm a recovering alcoholic in a downspin

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I guess my problem is I went for treatment last April and was doing well for a while.  It didn't last long though.  I actually didn't think I had a problem, but started really drinking daily (a wino) after a divorce 2 years prior.  I started drinking again in July (moderately) because I thought I could be the old drinking me, but since then I'm starting to realize I can't just drink a few.  Tonight I was going to have one glass of wine before bed, and here I am 4 hours later, with things to do tomorrow.  I hate myself, and pretty sure my fiancee is getting a little sick of me?  lol.  I have depression and anxiety pretty bad, but don't want to take the meds because I'm drinking.  What a freaking idiot, huh?

Why would u seek treatment if u think u didn't have a problem?what meds are u mixing with alcohol?