Alcoholism Community
Light headed after drinking and smoking tobacco

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I have a poor English but please try to read and help me. I have a serious light headedness and hangover now after i drank on the 2March. Please help me. On that day, I had a drink of probably 300ml of King Robert 2 scotch whisky with alcohol content of 43%. I smoked 5 sticks of Marlboro as well. I am a very occasional drinker and a very occasional smoker as well. I have not smoked more than 20 sticks of cigarettes in my whole life. I drink about 4 times a year.

After drinking that day, i had a 1hour sleep and went out with friends. Then on the 3march, i had a 6hours sleep and went out again. On 4march, i had 6hours sleep and went out again. On 5 march, i slept 6hours and on 6 march, I realise that i still have light headed or hangover. i thought it could be due to lack of sleep, so i slept 9hours that day. On 7march, which is today, things did not get better. So quickly get home after school and slept for 5 hours and i am still have light headedness or hangover.

I have never experienced this in my life. This is the first time. i am getting worried. The previous time when i had a heavy alcohol consumptionwas when i drank for 3days in a row with a total of 1 stick of Marlboro, but i am still fine after that.( degree of being drunk at that point of time is not as serious as this time round ). I really dont know why i am experiencing this now! Please help me. What is happenning?
you are probably dehydrated. alcohol dehydrates you which can cause such symptoms as being lightheaded. my suggestion to you would be drink plenty of water and try supplementing with something that contains electrolytes like Gatorade or even pedisure Otherwise you could just be coming down with some sort of bug that has nothing to do with drinking, in which case if you arent feeling better in a few days make an app with your doc!. hope i helped some!:)

Scotch is dry most people drink it on the rocks or ice dehydration sets in fast but dont drink to much this can cause blackouts and you dont want to go there.  Be safe dont drink.