Alcoholism Community
Mind battles

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Mind battles

My mind battles are difficult to deal with, but I'm trying to stay strong, 12 days off of a 1 1/2 Norco use of 3-4 a day. And 3 days off alcohol, not a daily drinker, more of a  binge drinker either once a week or once every 2 weeks but Im a recovering alcohol,  I have always had a problem with drinking, since I was a teenager, Im29 now.

Would love to know if anyone can describe their mental withdraws and what they felt like, I need to know what I'm feeling and thinking are normal due to stopping the pills. I do not have much of  physical WD's now, just body aches, headaches and anxiety .
Every thing you mentioned is part of withdrawels. But, because you're young and it doesn't seem to be a lot of pills per day or alchol, they shouldn't last too long. It all depends how strong of a person you are. Can you say "No"?
Yes I can say no, I have been saying no, lately.
Good for you for quitting the booze again, and good for you makng it clear your an alcoholic....saying "no"  is lookin' good on ya ~
So, i don't remember any more than to say, in my early sobriety , and what i attribute to as Jonesing (loving and hating my doc) , was that nothin' felt right, i sort of felt my fibration was off ; i wasn't feeling connected, just sort of hanging out there somewhere , vibrating, a little lower, or higher, maybe in a vacuum? This is what i think i can call where my mind was at, when i wasn't feeling the physical effects of withdrawal.

The good news is that if you're not feeling huge physical withdraw (maybe just yet?) then you may not have excessive long term mental effects ~ that's the best scenario of what you're describing ~ positive news?

Hang in there, i hope you keep your resolve to quit the drinking, cuz binging can get you back to where you don't want to be FAST
no matter where you are right now, it's better than the alternative.
oh yeah, crying consistently for a quite a few days , funny, i always seem to forget, (that's a good thing)  I think we're all in a kind of denial, in life, even without issues, we desensitize our child birth, it's never as bad as the real thing right? So too will you forget one day of this mental anguish my friend ~ that's the good news!! You'll handle this too, and you'll be alright, but don't make the mistake of not puttng two and two together, this cross addiction that you have is very much connected and a deadly mix
it can steal your life in a heart beat
You're good at saying No., it's true, for 3 days. I know alcohol, and as such I honestly think you need to make your clean date the date you quit using alcohol (as a starting point) not that you don't recognize your other clean date(s). Alcohol is just as cunning  & baffling as the rest. It allows you to think you're functioning and in control, when that simply is not the case... as you've said...... something to think about DT: My best to you every morning, and every night... keep up the "good fight" You're on board my friend.......