Alcoholism Community
Need help tired of feeling this way

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Need help tired of feeling this way

I need help I don't want to loose my family,I am tired of living this way.alcohol is the root of all my problems.i am 39 and I binge drink. I am tired of feeling the guilt and feeling of being helpless.i am currently on track to see a professional alcohol councilor tomorrow, for an evaluation . I've been drinking for 20 something years and had two separate 1 year stints of sobriety cold turkey.i went to aa meetings but when I relapsed I stopped going. I don't know if aa was for me, but I definitely need some form of counseling . I need some input I'm scared and can't stop over thinking.
Hi Sam, do you have any idea what sets this off in you, i mean like one hour before you binge what is on your mind.
It's when I start having a drink I can't stop it could be during the week but mostly fri,sat.when I drink I make really bad decisions.dd,argue with family,wife I have a five year old and I don't want him to see me like this either.
I figure I will go out and have a few and it never works out that way
Its good your going back for counseling. Ive been around and see alot of these things we do as a desire as leads to fullfillment but the outcome is not what we want  You can redirect this desire and energy by delving into your creative talents. Your in a habit life style and you need to radically change your goals and aims in life. There is a product in the field you are in that you can create. Something needed and not available. This is secret to you as you are the one aware of it. It only cost $150 to make an on line Patent.
Dave
Boredom I'm assuming could be the culprit but I need a clear mind to figure things out. My last drop was Saturday night and the guilt feeling and cense of worthlessness is unbearable.
So what about your product idea?
I don't understand the question?
I was mentioning that there is a product idea in your line of business that you can come up with and make a lot of money and this creative side will help with your drinking as will be very rewarding.
Hi Sam
Have your wife make a list for you about the pros and cons about you. Sometimes seeing a list on paper is very helpful. The list I made for my husband was longer on the pro side .The con was mainly the drinking. and behavior when drinking. When things are on paper ther more likely to be good to refer to and possible the pro side you can focus on all the good you do. Pick a few things on pro side to focus on each week and that really helps bring you back to the husband your wife married. Good luck!
Thank you I will try that. And hope there are more pros than cons
I awoke this morning to a list of pros and cons ...I am happy to say there was one more pro than con. This is a good start thank you for sharing this with me. It's going to be a long journey on untreaded waters but it will be for the best.
I think it will be helpful for you to read the book Mrs. Wanda Pratnicka.
'Possessed by Ghosts'
I could not stop drinking, but it was not my fault.
Wanda helped me, I think that you too can get help.