Pancreatitis and Wine
A very good friend of mine, his wife just got out of the hospital about 2 months ago due to Pancreatitis because of alcohol.  Well I/we know she has a drinking problem, she has started drinking again.  She said she researched and drinking Red Wine does not hurt her Pancreatitis.  In my feeble attempts of research I have not found anything that supports her thought process.  What scares me is she was in a Coma for about 5 weeks and came real close to death for the first week or so, the doctors didn't think she was going to live.  I feel more for my friend and his children right now due to the fact his wife is not listening to no-one at all and thinks she is in control.  I/we have noticed also that her abdomen area is starting to swell agian, like before she ended up in the hospital.  Please give some good info or advice.
I have lots of good advice and this lady would not listen to it,,and despite your attempts and others to get thru to her she isn't listening either!Her husband needs to get to a good substance abuse counselor...and Al-Anon meetings...how old are the children?
Does her husband recognize she has a problem?
Hi, I was in the hospital for Pancreatitis. Once 14 days another time 9 days.

I stopped alcohol completely 1 yr and 1 month ago because it was scary. They told me in no uncertain terms I could die.

Is your friend in counseling? The cure is NO alcohol at all.

Good luck to her
Abuela