Quitting drinking cold turkey?
Hello. I have just turned 21, but have been drinking about 2 yrs now everyday around 7pm, about 8 double shots or more of vodka. 2 days ago I decided I want to quit very very badly. That same day I drank, but it just made me feel like crap. Last night I only had one shot and it made me shaky feeling, and just don't want to drink anymore. Every night I black out, never remember anything. But I have noticed that all day today, since I didn't drink my usual amount I am shaky,sweaty only if I am wrapped up in blankets, but every time I get out of them, I get super cold.  My heart rate is a bit more than what it usually is, and also anxiety. Which I have a history of panic attacks and worries me. I don't have insurance or a doc. I am wondering if I can quit cold turkey without going through a seizure or the Dt's.  Please help.
Quitting cold turkey is not a good idea due to the possibility of seizures.
However many have. I drank for many years and quit cold turkey. I would not recommend it. It was a horrible ordeal, I would suggest contacting a Dr. for some help. You won't get out without some withdrawl but, it will be worth itto get sober.

You NEED to have some aftercare in place once you get straight so you have some accountability.
Many have used AA with great success. Try churches, community programs,counseling of some sort if AA is not for you.

Good luck to you! Stay here, there are many good folks who have been in your shoes who are willing to help!
I agree with addict3 !  You are young, now is a good time to do this, you can and need to. Call your local AA chapter, and ask who you can talk to about what you have told us, they can arrange detox perhaps or recommend a doc who will help you. You need supervision, a detox facility is best, just tell your friends you have to go somewhere for a week, two if you can, all AA documents say it's 30 days to get healthy, 2 weeks and you will notice measurably you feel better. Don't think you can cut drinks in half, if a doctor wants to have you do that under his/her supervision maybe, but it doesn't work for us alone trying that, I know you can get thru the initial withdrawls, it's an addiction so sweats, no sleep, it's normal but I know you can do this. Let us know please.
Cutting drinks in half under a docs supervision doesn't work at all!Making THE COMMITTMENT to urself for complete sobriety does....and for many repeated efforts @ controlled drinking.....only to not succeed is the pivotal point!When u get there,going to detox and completing rehab....and the most difficult thing for many....switching ur ppl places and things is the starting point down the road to recovery...never a destination but always a journey!