Alcoholism Community
Soberlink Info

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Soberlink Info

I've been court ordered to use a breathalyzer device called Soberlink.I was wondering if anyone has also used it or knows anything about it at all?
Greetings, welcome to the Alcoholism community.

They're so many variations of breathalyzer machines out there now it's anyone's guess on what makes a soberlink tick. My advice to you is to just relax and let go. Everything will be revealed as you faithfully comply with the court order. It's all pretty simple. If you've been ordered to stop drinking and must use a machine to prove your intent to do so, doesn't really matter how or what method the law uses. Simply comply with the judges order. If you can't fight, and you can't flee, flow. Assume that attitude and you'll be just fine in the long run.

As for flowing: Not drinking isn't really so bad. If you're sincerely interested in not drinking to comply with the judge's order, and enjoying a wonderful new life at the same time, you might want to try AA. If the judge hasn't sentenced you to attend meetings, find a good meeting, attend and get a sheet signed that you've been attending. When you bring that sheet to your next hearing and present it, your judge will instantly take a much kinder view of you. Judges have a lot to put up with every day. They're not bad people, they're simply messengers of the law. When someone shows an honest intent to better themselves, that's all they're looking for!

I belong to AA and NA. The two programs have turned my life around in a complete reverse, and I feel great about me and the world around me. I also feel much better physically. It's freedom from the bondage of self...pretty much.
Openmind24hours gave you excellent advice. I am 20 months sober alcoholic and went to 10 month recovery program and studied the twelve steps of AA. I go to meetings regularly also and have made very good sober friends. I learned a new much better way of life released from the obsession of alcohol. Stay sober, you will see how much happier you will become and the great life it will bring. Best wishes to you.
You didn't answer his question, and like a typical 12 step lemming used his question to try and convert someone to a non science based 80 year old religious based program with an abysmal success rate