Aa
A
A
Close
Sweat smells like urine
I have a strange question.  A friend just called to say her ex-husband's sweat is now smelling like urine.  He has been drinking along with taking pain pills and muscle relaxers for awhile.  He has been having alot of problems with vomitting and had an Ultrasound which looked ok except that they couldn't see the pancreas due to bowel gas.  He is supposed to have a CT scan done to double check but hasn't gotten around to it.  Another friend of his showed him in print all the symptoms of pancreatitis and he has 10 of the 12 symptoms listed.  Has anyone heard of what might cause sweat to have a bad odor?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
does this mans doctor have any idea how much he drinks?i'm going 2 hypothesize here that his liver and pancreas are near exhaustion and that he is causing toxicity/poisoning in his system....hence the smell!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
he is literally poisoning himself.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My grandfather had diabetes, which gave his sweat an odd odor.  One that might be described as simliar to urine.  I would assume that excessive alcohol consumption would contribute to diabetes (I'm no doctor, of course)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
u just made me think of something.....ppl can develop diabetes as they age and not keeping up with medical exams it would go undetected until they got sick....alcohol aggravates diabetes bigtime!lot of sugar in alcohol that occurs during fermentation process of making it!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for all your comments. He apparently found out that the CT exam done since are normal.  I was very surprised and am still doubtful.  I guess time will tell......
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources