Alcoholism Community
Sweet Boby smell
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sweet Boby smell

My son, early 40s, has a very strong, sweet smell when he sweats. He drinks a glass of wine occasionally, but has no problem with alcohol. This smell is over powering, to the point I almost gag when he is near. He donates blood every three months, so I'm sure if he were diabetic it would have shown up. Is there a medical condition associated with this? I am really quite worried.
Thank you
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HM... Wish I had the answer to this. That is curious. Please keep us updated. I'm interested in hearing what that's all about. Best of luck to you. Someone will be along shortly that knows something about this so hang tight.
Blank
Thank you,
  I will keep you posted.
Blank
5347058_tn?1381192026
Hi there! Often times an overpowering sweet smell can be attributed to Diabetes. I would definitely recommend that he see his doctor and get tested. The test for Diabetes needs to be done by a doctor. The testing done while giving blood in all likelihood may not pick up any variances in blood sugar. There's really no way to tell what you are dealing with without talking to a doctor, and it's definitely a good idea to be safe rather than sorry. I hope that you both get this figured out. Good luck to you!
Blank
1475202_tn?1388955435
Hello Belle and welcome to MedHelp.

You said your son doesn't drink much but yet you came to the alcoholism community to ask your question? Many serious conditions exist with the symptom you have described so seeing a doctor right away is important.

Here are a few:

Ketoacidosis

Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Thyroid Problems:

Liver disease

Basic blood lab testing (CBC and CMP) as mentioned above is a good place to start. I hope this helps you out. Take care

Randy
Blank
5039239_tn?1364028271
First thing that came to my mind was marijuana
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources