Alcoholism Community
Tiredness

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Tiredness

Hi been clean and sober orv45 days now . Mostly I feel great apart from intense tiredness etc and wanting o o o bed early. Love having no hangovers  though and I can o out cosi not drink and driveso would have stayed home instead and drunk. How long does the tiredness last for
Have you seen a doctor about the tiredness? Possibility it's something else.
Your entire system has taken a beating and it takes a while to become 100% again. Do you exercise? Personally, I found the more I exercise the more I'm able to exercise. I'm 66 years old, 124 days clean, and I walk my dogs every day, twice a day. I found if i miss a few days I'm a lot more tired and have no energy.
Take a look at this thread. There is a lot of good information in here that might help. There may be a lot of things that don't pertain to you specifically but I hope it helps.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Alcoholism/quitting-drinking-and-tiredness/show/374585

Randy
Hi there and thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my question.  I feel like this year i had been almost living in the docs office. also did some reading and there seem to be more than a ew people who say the same about tiredness wile body is detoxing. I am also pleased to inform all the Im 53 days clean and sober and since about the last 10 days no tiredness yeah and i always have done exercise i love it that may have helped . Im happy that now im  clean sober and no more tiredness.

thanks again
thanks for that Randy .

isnt it great we can all share here and be heard.

stay strong and thanks again  for taking the time to read and eply to my question.

thank flly finally starting to feel more energetic

deechy
Hi Deechy you are very welcome. I am glad to hear you're doing better and I agree, MedHelp is a great place where people find the strength they need to change their lives. I love being any part of that! 53 days is awesome, be very proud. Take care.

Randy
Our Rpoohbear is the greytest!He is one of our best members here and my personal forum assistant!Like Billie Holliday sang oh that man of mine,i love him so....he'll never know...but my poohbear knows!:)
Oh do I ever! ha ha