Alcoholism Community
Trying to be sober for 90 days

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Trying to be sober for 90 days

I was court ordered almost 3 months ago to daily breathalyzers.I was 10 days to completing all 90 days when I failed one last weekend.When I was on my daily pbts I was able to still drink a little when I wanted.Now Im ordered to a whole nother 90 days with 3 daily breathalyzers.I was so close to having my freedom back very soon.And now the thought of restarting 90 days over without a drop Is starting to make me feel very suicidal and stressed mostly because I was so close to being done all together I need to know how I can not freak out?
you unfortunate thing. Surely you're entitled to withdrawal drugs from your GP? you don't think this now, but it might be the best thing ever happened.
I suggest you go to 90 meetings in ninety days. I did it and it worked. You will be tired but you will have so much support there. You can do another 90 days no problem, you just slipped up. Keep busy and away from drinking and all people drinking entirely. Eat good meals and drink coffee or tea. Do relaxing things at night like reading magazines or books. It will go fast, this 3 months, don't worry, stay positive you can do it. We are always here to talk to you. I am always checking for messages if you would like to let me know how you are and need support.  Cheer up, you are not alone.
it appears as if ur not really ready to make a comittment to sobriety yet-i see the words court ordered.....and ur doing what u have to to get the court off ur back....recovery cannot be ordered,the person must want it!AA says we have to get sick n'tired of being sick n'tired.......and i know this firsthand to be true!
Im on my 11th day of no alcohol and im feeling more angry and bitter everyday.Escpecially today since it would have been my last day of completing all my breathalyzers.Its been very hard for me this time last year I was an alcoholic drinking everyday I now feel like I have it under control and can just drink occasionaly but being forced to stop is making it very hard.
I have thought about going on a withdrawl (withdrawal) pill Dolmen or even something to help my anxiety through these next 3.months I cant even wrap my mind around how im not going to feel like im going crazy during this time.
what country r u in?do u really want to stop drinking?have u ever tried Campral?excessive alcohol uses causes anxiety and if u have a anxiety disorder it will aggravate what is already there!have u tried Paxil?also mixing alcohol w/any RX med reduces the efficacy of it in ur bloodstream!
Honestly no I dont want to stop drinking at all thats why this forced sobriety is killing me because I dont want it at all.I live in the Usa.I have never took any pills I used to smoke pot but I gave that up on my own over 4 months ago.Now I just drink alcohol.
I have had horrible anxiety and stress since I was very little I have been using the alcohol to help me feel more relaxed and it makes me feel good in general
I respect your honesty in admitting u don't want to stop drinking!The drinking aggravates the anxiety in the long run,but that is something u will have to come to accept for urself!If ur going to drink,be wise at least and consider others,no drinking and driving pls!Plus OVI's are a waste of money!
Well I dont have a car or license so I wont have to worry about drinking and driving..Also my drinking has never put anyone in harm..The only reason I am in trouble to begin with is my loser ex husband was trying to force me to move out of our place and he waited until I drank one night to call the cops on me to get me out and it worked..He was very abusive to me for years and I never got him in trouble once.i started drinking to deal with his temper