Alcoholism Community
Weaning off alcohol

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Weaning off alcohol

I have been drinking daily for over 6 months I finally told my doc who was presribing me vyvanse zoloft and xanax she told me not to stop  cold turkey which makes it hard b/c if I have i drink I want another with no sucess in the last month my doc finally said no more xanax or klonopin until you get this under control and wean yourself off so thats alittle scary in it self

I am determined to do it but I am so affraid of the withdrawl (withdrawal) I was thinking about weaning off slowly this week and then this weekend stop drinking and start using klonopin for the withdrawl (withdrawal) for a few days I see my doc again on friday and I am hoping to ave good news for her.  

Has anyone ever used benzos to quit drinking or if you have any other ideas please let me know!
it takes a lot of courage to quit i use kolonopin to sleep at night when i stopped using i didn't have withdrawals it was simple i told myself not to buy it not to bring it home and simply not to drink it :)