Alcoholism Community
Weird symptoms after ceasing alcohol consumption.

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I am 21 and as far as i know i am in decent health. I recently deiceded to quit drinking after drinking for almost a year and drinking heavaly for atleast 4 months of that time. I know have been sober for roughly 3 weeks and most of the painful symptoms such as the shakes, pulsating headaches confusion delusion and clouded thoughts have faded and as of late i have not expierienced any cravings.

But a few things that are still occuring have left me wondering id these symptoms are a normal part of withdrawl (withdrawal). My left eye has developed a sensitivity to light and is somewhat blurry i went to the dr and was diagnosed with dry eyes is it possible that this is withdrawl (withdrawal) related. I also have expierienced a dry mouth at night and dry lips occasional chest pains and lower upper right abdomin (abdomen) pain that comes and goes that is accompanied by yellow stool along with the usual sleepless nights

I was wondering if anyone knew if these symptoms were normal after quitting alcohol and if so how long can i expect this to last?

Best
Also to add i have expierienced Numbness in my hands and tingling skin when laying down from time to time too
Does the doctor you went to know about these other symptoms?  If not, I would see him/her again a let him know.  If he does I would see another doctor.  These don't sound like normal WD symptoms to me.  Good luck.
The dry eyes and cloudiness , dry mouth, dry lips and chest pain are all normal withdrawal symptoms mainly because your body is dehydrated from consuming so much alcohol.  Aches and pains are all also normal.  It will take a while for your sleep to get back to normal.  Alcohol consumption over a long or consistent period of time can cause sleeplessness.  

The only symptom you mentioned that you might want to check with the dr on is the yellow stool.  It would not be out of the ordinary, but I would suggest a liver profile to just rule out any problems with that.  Alcohol is hard on the liver and you would just want to make sure your levels are normal.  Cirrhosis of the liver or any liver issues could cause a change in stool color.  Even if you do have some abnormal liver function tests, they may very well change for the better over the matter of several weeks as long as you remain sober.  

Just to be safe, I would suggest the liver tests.  If you know your doctor well enough, he may be willing to just order some labwork to be drawn as an outpatient at a clinic or hospital.  That would cut down on the cost if that would be an issue for you.  Best of luck..  B
Drinking is the Devil! You must never do it again or you will be stuck with yellow poop forever! Okay now with that said, being at such a young age its not likely that you have damaged your liver as vs. someone carrying on like you have that twice your age. I am also concerned with the yellow stool although it could be brought on by thing you have eaten, vitamins your taking, energy drinks also liver damage. So you should get to a doctors asap like the others here have mentioned and have a lab test ran. As for the other symptoms I feel that those are being brought on by anxiety you are most likely experiencing. Take care, I hope you can stick with not drinking but being young I understand it may be difficult. If you get and okay clean bill of health from your doctor and you continue to drink the first thing you must remember is you already have a drinking problem so keep it down to 1 or 2 drinks and learn control to stop.

Randy
This same thing is happening to me, minus the yellow stool. I woke up this morning to blurry dry eyes. A bit of visible cleared it up but it scared the bejesus out of me. I am 1 week in. The second and third day I had the worse headache I have ever had this is day 7 and I am having this. I have a bit of discomfort in my chest and I am breaking out into sweats. Oddly enough with the exception of the first day, I have not craved booze. I also stopped another habit, started eating healthily and working out. I have more energy now but truly had no idea that stopping would cause these kinds of issues. I am also having trouble sleeping .. Part of me wants to get something to help with anxiety and sleeping and part of me wants to just sit here and deal with it because it is something I brought onto myself. I don't want to make this comfortable and easy because if it were, I am not sure I would see it for the big deal it really is. Taking it day by day and focused on getting healthy.
*not visible, Visine
Don't be so hard on yourself. Day 7 is fantastic, good work! Sleep is good ;-) but don't take prescription sleep meds, you could get hooked.  Try Tylenol PM, it works great for me.  And drink lots of water. Good luck.