Hey, I live in Vietnam and I work in a bar 12hrs a day 7 days a week. I go to bed drunk, wake up drunk, and work drunk. (I get commission off every drink bought for me). This is my 4th week working here, but a month prior, being unemployed, I neither had a sober day, had a drink in my hand 24/7. I'm 23 years old and have always had a drink in my hand for the past 5/6 years. Currently everytime I have a drink I feel the blood pumping through my body so hard I feel like it's about to jump out my skin. Especially in my upper back. My face flushes up red in blotchy patches it looks like I'm
Sunburnt. It calms down after about 20-30 minutes but the rate/ofteness that it happens is increasing dramatically. I get the blood pumping thing from doing the slightest physical exercise, this has been a problem I can date to a disastrous batch of drugs about a year and a half ago. I know what I NEED to do - stop - so I've quit my job, this is my last week. But can someone please explain, scientifically, what this extremely exegeratted rash on my face is about. It feels like my head will explode.
CONGRATULATIONS on the decision to quit working in the bar and quitting drinking. Both are great moves on your part. Please keep us informed how you're doing. I'm sorry that you're so lonely in Vietnam. Maybe you should think about going home? I'm here to talk if you'd like to. I've quit now for 13_+ years, and it's the best thing I've ever done...... for me, and for my family. Keep strong and determined, and you can do this~~ Liz
The following article explains the red flush and the increased pulse..
"The reason why our body has trouble breaking down the alcohol is because we have inactive enzyme called
aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2), which is normally responsible for breaking down acetaldehyde, a byproduct of the metabolism of alcohol. Acetaldehyde is a toxin and, as result of your body not being able to properly break it down, this toxin accumulates and causes the red flushing that we all commonly refer to as Asian Flush. Whilst the red flushing is the most common and reported symptom among sufferers, other symptoms you might experience include dizziness, nausea, headaches, and an increased pulse".
Also, it's best to talk to a doctor before you quit drinking, if you've been drinking alot, and it sounds like you have. It's easy to have seizures, when quitting. Doctor's can give you meds that help with the withdrawal, but you can still have a seizure, so it's always best to be in a detox unit. Is that a possibility for you?
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.