Alcoholism Community
What is going on?

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

What is going on?

Hey, I live in Vietnam and I work in a bar 12hrs a day 7 days a week. I go to bed drunk, wake up drunk, and work drunk. (I get commission off every drink bought for me). This is my 4th week working here, but a month prior, being unemployed, I neither had a sober day, had a drink in my hand 24/7. I'm 23 years old and have always had a drink in my hand for the past 5/6 years. Currently everytime I have a drink I feel the blood pumping through my body so hard I feel like it's about to jump out my skin. Especially in my upper back. My face flushes up red in blotchy patches it looks like I'm
Sunburnt. It calms down after about 20-30 minutes but the rate/ofteness that it happens is increasing dramatically. I get the blood pumping thing from doing the slightest physical exercise, this has been a problem I can date to a disastrous batch of drugs about a year and a half ago. I know what I NEED to do - stop - so I've quit my job, this is my last week. But can someone please explain, scientifically, what this extremely exegeratted rash on my face is about. It feels like my head will explode.
I get kidney pains and liver pains too but the instigator of that is my 7 year ketamine addiction. I haven't had any in 6 months but the alcohol still gives me pain.
your elevated bp is the cause
You really need to see a doctor.
I'm just about skier enough after several tries to log in. Hello help?? What the f is elevated bp? Doctor why? Please help? I'm in the middle of nowhere please help me. I don't know anything.
*sober
I live in Vietnam, am english, am so lonellu and lost though becauselanguage barrier so different from others..
CONGRATULATIONS on the decision to quit working in the bar and quitting drinking. Both are great moves on your part. Please keep us informed how you're doing. I'm sorry that you're so lonely in Vietnam. Maybe you should think about going home? I'm here to talk if you'd like to. I've quit now for 13_+ years, and it's the best thing I've ever done...... for me, and for my family. Keep strong and determined, and you can do this~~ Liz

The following article explains the red flush and the increased pulse..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_your_face_turns_red_when_you_drink_alcohol

"The reason why our body has trouble breaking down the alcohol is because we have inactive enzyme called
aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2), which is normally responsible for breaking down acetaldehyde, a byproduct of the metabolism of alcohol. Acetaldehyde is a toxin and, as result of your body not being able to properly break it down, this toxin accumulates and causes the red flushing that we all commonly refer to as Asian Flush. Whilst the red flushing is the most common and reported symptom among sufferers, other symptoms you might experience include dizziness, nausea, headaches, and an increased pulse".
Also, it's best to talk to a doctor before you quit drinking, if you've been drinking alot, and it sounds like you have. It's easy to have seizures, when quitting. Doctor's can give you meds that help with the withdrawal, but you can still have a seizure, so it's always best to be in a detox unit. Is that a possibility for you?

Here's a website talking about that.

http://www.spiritualriver.com/quitting-drinking-seizures/