Alcoholism Community
What to do at night to keep my mind occupied?

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

During the day I never feel the need to have a drink but around 7 - 8 pm, this is when I start craving alcohol. I usually drink half a pint of liquor which helps me fall asleep.

What do you do at night before you go to bed???
I thank my lucky stars that i am sober and clean another day.

I attended my AA meetings almost everyday early in my recovery.  Now i go 2-3 times a week.  I also watched alot of funny movies and read alot.  I also listen to alot of music which is great therapy for me too.
so glad you posted, i also attend AA every day, i am newly sober (44 days today) so i need that to keep my head screwed on straight i was a day drinker, though, but i know many who would drink at night, that is why there are, or should be meetings at many different times, espeically at night. i know in my area there are TONS....anyway, like dominosarah said, coping skills, reading, movies, anything other than using that makes you feel good. we go by default to using whether it be alcohol or drugs, at least i do, thats my disease, so it was hard for me to fill in the alone and boring time. but i wouldnt trade it now for the world
as far as to help you sleep, if you like teas there are many that will help you, thats what i do especially now that its getting so cold. I go to my local GNC..or any store and buy "get relazed", Nighty Night, and Chamomille, they all help. i know there are some natural sleep aids out there too, or even unisom, i know that was safe to take while i was pregnant, but i would not take it with alcohol.

Good luck and you did the right thing by posting, another great way to get through the cravings, talking to other people who understand. have a great day
You know ive been sobre for 5 months now and i read recovery stories when i feel weak
http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.php?gid=98
It kinda helps me get motivated and reminds me why im diong what im doing and i feel better after

It might not be the cure for alcoholism but it sure does help put me back on track
Congrats on your sobriety!!!!!  That is great!!!  I too find myself motivated in reading recovery stories and being on this forum.....sara