Alcoholism Community
Who to Call for Detox with No Insurance??

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Hey all,
I am a recovering opiate addict.....I have a very dear loved one that is very close to being ready to detox from alcohol.  He is self-employed and has NO insurance.  He isn't open to a 30-45 day inpatient facility, but I told him I thought there were 5-7 day detox facilities that were medically supervised.....but are there?  And are there any out there that will take someone with no insurance?
This would be applicable in the State of Kansas.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Where do I start in the phone book or on line??
Thanks in advance... if someone has time to answer.
in his county of residence there are outpatient substance abuse clinics who receive federal/state/local funding to help with this.i've been sober/clean 28 years and am employed in such a clinic that assists others w/his problems!keep us posted!
You could try calling some of the treatment places or Human Services.  Dont forget to keep taking care of you during this also~
Thanks, Sarah......
I needed that reminder...particularly today.  I am feeling overwhelmed and scattered and yet my heart wants to do so much more than my brain seems able to handle right now.
I didn't really make it clear that I am asking about an INPATIENT detox for alcohol....seems the first 5-7 days would be quite dangerous if not medically supervised.....and then continue on after that with outpatient and meetings, etc.
Guess I'll just start "binging" and calling LOl!
Bless you Sarah....
is he willing to go to a short term detox?if an agency spends their $$$$ to send him is he willing to go to aftercare and 12 step mtgs?he has to contact the agency!Sadly our agency has spent a MEGATON of $$$$ over the years to send those to detox who agreed to aftercare....came out...blew us off and resumed drinking/drugging!i know its the disease but funding is scarce......drastically reduced.....and precious...and i hope he WANTS to go if they decide to send him!again he has to refer himself!
Any updates on this?
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this post.  After a lot of research and phone calls, I was able to equip my loved one with all the info I could gather.  He knows he has to make the call.....I'm equipping not enabling.
Have so many yrs in AA, Al-Anon and now I'm living opiate recovery, I really do know the diff, ha!

The short term detox places are all tied into longer care.  Some state run detox centers are not medically supervised.....one agency told me this one State run facility just sticks the person in a room and delivers meals to them!  And they call it detox!  I steered clear of that one.
Things have really changed since 1983 when I spent over 30 days in a Valley Hope inpatient facility.  It was a great experience for me.  However, I was willing to take 30 days out of my life to do it.  My loved one is sole provider and self-employed with a partner in a business.  Guess he may just have to get to a point where 30 days away is better than a lifetime of sickness or worse.
Thanks for those who helped me~

Thank you for asking.
He has the info now......the ACTing on it is now in his court.
I told him I prayed he wouldn't have to have a crisis to get some help.
It will take what it will take.
Blessings to all~