Alcoholism Community
Will drinking alcohol make you pee the bed if you're young?

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

ok so I'm 14 and I know I'm not supposed to be drinking but I got kind of curious when my parents went out of town saturday night. there was a half full bottle of rum that had been sitting in a corner for awhile so i figured my dad just forgot about it. i think I drank half of it got kind of drunk and was about to fall asleep but decided to finish off the bottle just so I could throw it away tomorrow morning. i started kinda stumbling and when i got to my bed i think i ended up fainting or something. anyway when i woke up i found out i peed my pants lol still kinda embarrassed about it even though no one saw it happen. so is this something that would happen  every time i drink? I've never peed the bed before even when I was young
You didn't faint you passed out and yes it can happen every time. Alcohol relaxes your muscles and everything goes on reflex. Rum also has high alcohol %. You were also at risk for alcohol poisoning or suffocating. You can vomit in your sleep and drown, choke on it. I am not going to lie and say drinking is not fun because it can be. But ANYONE who drinks needs to know their limit. It is not fun to watch someone **** their pants or puke all over themselves. It is disgusting. There are many reasons why you should not drink but the main one is that you were putting your life at risk. My sisters boyfriend died of alcohol poisoning when he was 16 because his friends thought he passed out and didn't even realize that he had died until the next morning. I am sure you don't understand completely but try to think how your friends or family would feel if that happened to you.  You have your whole future ahead and plenty of time to party and try things out. Don't let bad decisions now ruin your tomorrow. Best wishes to you.
As bigsissie stated you didn't faint you passed out, yes you could vomited whilst passed out, you could choke on your own vomit (asphyxiation) so peeing yourself is a small worry when you think of the damage you could do.

I would suggest that you read this....
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/binge/a/teen_death.htm
U've received some very good advice here!i've known many adults who passed out drunk in a bed and wet it...age has nothing 2 do with it!
It seems that you are one of the people that will pee the bed everytime you drink! It's very gross and people will make fun of you. I'm sorry. We wont tease you here but I wouldn't ever do it again if i were you. Good luck!

Randy
to be that drunk passed out and lose control over all bodily functions is indeed sad humiliating and happening much too young to this young lady!WAKE UP DEAR!
Alyssa you sure did the right thing coming here and asking for advice. Thats pretty smart of you. Since you are smart did you learn anything from about drinking? I love what Ibizan said, "WAKE UP DEAR!"  Theirs a double meaning there.