addictive traits?
Hi, I'm new here and have a question about addictive personality.  when i drink (3 or more x week)  i drink only in the evening after 6 and i drink to sleep.  i know it has the opposite effect. when i drink i smoke.
also on pain meds in the day time, find Lyrica addictive, i actually crave Lyrica after I have had 2.  an hr or so later i crave more, and more.  
I used to gamble  was able to nip that quick.  Since I don't have any disposable income, aside from food and beer.  Gambling is low on my list.  
Found out my paternal grandfather was an alcoholic in his younger years,  also my maternal uncle died in a bar.
given alcoholism is on both side of my family, what can i do??
i never partied in my 20's even in the military i only drank socially, but not like now.  it seems the older i get the more addictive to booze and pills i get.
This belongs in the alcoholism community--not on the addiction  social community. Please ask to have this moved. there is great support for you there. Best of luck getting sober.
I disagree, yes there are some alcohol related comments, but also pills, and gambling.    I see multi addiction traits here.  
a drug is a drug is a drug... fix~pill~drink~snort~smoke~swallow~....to mention a few..... 1 disease....12 steps....when someone ask for help we extend ourselves....
The addictive brain is a equal opportunity employer.......alcohol, drugs, gambling,any compulsive behavior that results in loss of control and consequences!There is a genetic predisposition to alcoholism....u cannot change that....but u can change what u choose to consume!Have u sought help?Ever been to AA?