alcohol withdrawal?
Okay I really need help on this. I don't consider myself and alcoholic but I know that I do drink a little too much per week. My husband and I have been drinking maybe 2-3 times during the week and every Saturday for the last couple of months. During the week I drink about 6 beers 2-3 times. On Saturdays is when we go out and I know I drink way more than that and sometimes even have some shots. But this has only gone on for about 2 months or so. Well after going out on Saturday Sept. 11 2010 I decided that I wanted to cut back on drinking and said that I wasn't going to drink for at least 2 weeks. Well I'd say about Monday or Tuesday I started to get mild anxiety. But this past Friday I had alot of anxiety and even had a panic attack that night. I had the worst anxiety all weekend and even went to the ER yesterday because of it. I haven't been able to eat since Friday because of the severe anxiety. The doctor just gave me paxil for depression and anxiety because I just couldn't stop crying when I was at the ER. I don't know why I just felt so sad and hopeless with the anxiety. I scheduled an appointment with a therapist for tomorrow. But just today I was reading onine about my symptoms and alot of them match alcohol withdrawal. I have had severe anxiety, panic attacks, loss of appetite, nausea, I feel nervous all day everyday since Friday. Could this be alcohol withdrawal or just anxiety? Alot of the symptoms are the same for anxiety and alcohol withdrawal. Please help as this has never happened to me before.
It could be both.When I stopped drinking I had all the symptoms you described,the amount you drink doesn't determine if you are an alcoholic,only you can decide if there is a problem,with what you describe it could be alcohol withdrawal,if you really want to stop drinking then keep posting there are plenty of people who can help.
Have you told your doctor about your drinking you may need help.
Also you will probably get more help if you post this in the alcoholism forum(this isn't saying you are an alcoholic)
Keep posting and Take Care

Denise
Thank you for the advice! I didn't realize there was an alcoholism forum. I will post it there.
It sounds like it could be alcohol withdrawal.  Be sure you explain to the doctors about what you have been drinking.  It is good that you are aware you were drinking more than you wanted.  Alcoholism is a progressive disease.  It has a way of creeping up on us without realizing it.  Good luck with the doctors!!!!!