Alcoholism Community
antabuse
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

antabuse

I was into a chat room for those of us taking antabuse and now I think I'm in the wrong place. Can someone direct me?
Thanks
Tags: antabuse
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
401095_tn?1351395370
Isn't that for alcohol...this is a substance abuse forum/mostly drug use but there is also an alcohol forum...click on forums at the top of the page and you will find it in the list...
Blank
yes, but I still can't find it. But thanks for your help.
Blank
That is for alcohol. I took it many many years ago and I don't reccomend it. It doesn't really help anyone stop. If you drink while taking it you become severly ill. Also I have heard stories of people using it to hurt other people.

Dove
Blank
in the 23 years that i've worked in the substance abuse field i think i've had 2 ppl tell me it worked ok for them...makes u sick if u drink,if u want to drink just don't take it and 2 side effects men hate...limp penis and onion breath!have seen better results with Campral!but ya gitta take it and stick with if for awhile..not quit too soon cuz u think ur doing ok or feel good!
Blank
Thanks for your input. I've only taken it for 3 days and it's wicked expensive. I guess I'll go back to Campral. I did quit too soon with that one. And like everyone says, Antabuse does nothing to relieve cravings.
Blank
299889_tn?1257342977
Hey, you are on the right column to ask questions about this, I feel.  We all know it is designed to help a person stop drinking.  I do hope you have a program also.
Blank
give the Campral a chance...stick with it......i've really seen it cut cravings and improve moods in ppl!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...