Alcoholism Community
frustrated

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

frustrated

i have been sober 4 yrs,haven;t had sex in 6  and having trouble performing any suggestions that dont involve drugs or alcohol ????
I am a 19 months sober alcoholic and have been in a relationship for 2 years. Prior to this relationship. I hadn't had sex in 14 yrs. I didn't have any desire in sex, although I didn't have anyone or any relationship I was interested in. Doesn't make sense to me to be going and just having sex for the sake of just sex. I wondered if there was something wrong with me, but now with my fiancé I have desire and interest in sex. I think desire comes from sexual chemistry and unless you have that.  it's not going to work. I also believe it comes from mutual respect and caring. Until I had a proper relationship I couldn't perform sexually either. My body just didn't work or so I thought. When you are with somebody you feel totally comfortable with and mutual trust, you then can make love with desire and talk about your needs and desires together. People always say to marry your best friend, now that makes sense, things will just come naturally. We also eat well. vegetables, and take vitamins, and keep away from stress. Hope this has helped you.
Strangely enough I was just reading a different post after reading this one and saw this link,

http://www.medhelp.org/sexual-health/slideshows/Whats-Killing-Your-Libido/510/1

Maybe it can help.

Randy
hi there, I've been following your story. I saw some inputs from 2011 and then wondered are you still here today. Am very glad you are, needless to say.
I'm wondering how you are now?
Am struggling a bit myself but so far no major health issues that I know of
Hello Dolman,
That's so nice of you to ask, and things are going well for me. I still live with the final stage of cirrhosis but my decompensated symptoms are treatable. I have to be careful with my daily activities and diet but today my cirrhosis is thought by my transplant center to no longer be progressing. This means there is a chance I will never need a transplant as long as I don't develop HCC (liver cancer).

I feel good most of the time and stay very active. I love my life and pack as much as I can into each day. I find myself very fortunate and I'm thankful.

Some of my symptoms are life threatening and tomorrow everything can change but really none of us know what tomorrow will bring.

If I can offer any help with what your struggling please feel welcome to ask, you can post or send a private message, whatever way you are more comfortable. I'll be glad to share anything I can to help! Take care and thanks again :)

Randy