help!!
hi my dads an alcoholic.. just for the last 3 weeks hes been having loose stooles... and sleeping all the time!! i have in mind whats happening but wanted medical advise.?? wanted to know is his body shutting down??x
It is more likely that the alcohol is using all of his body's energy. Alcohol causes your body to not absorb vitamins like it should and can cause dehydration. Over time this can cause damage but it depends on alcohol consumption and lifestyle. I am sorry to hear this about your dad, my mother is also a alcoholic and has been for many years. She drinks all day every day. The sleeping is probably him just passing out and the loose stool is dehydration. Try to get him to drink more water or something with electrolytes and take a vitamin supplement. I know it wont be easy but hang in there. Here is a link that has a lot more info.I hope it helps you and I hope he realizes his problem and seeks help soon. Best wishes.

Sissie