Alcoholism Community
hi

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

hi

21 days sober , no beer...been drinking 3 or 4 king cans a day for the past 20yrs...cold turkey done...
Congratulations on winning the battle!  Heading into 30 days! I fought the same battle and have walked in your shoes. Beer was my buddy also. It still is in my mind unless I armrest my disease of alcoholism on a daily basis.  It always tickled my pleasure center for the first few drinks until the inner drunk in me arrived without fail. Then my beer was in charge of me, I wasn't in control anymore. I'm allergic to alcohol, when I start to drink I break out in bars. and then I drive cars.

I can't afford to take the chance of putting innocent drivers in my hands if I drive drunk so I want to do whatever I can to stay sober, and really, in my heart and soul, feel happy and free while being sober. So, I've put my disease in the care of my personal choice in aftercare, which is AA. I also go to NA. I can't fix that inner drunk in my brain, so I turn it over to other people with the same disease. Together we prevail. I no longer have to drink, and my inner drunk stays quiet.

It always helps me to share my story with someone who just became free like you Mustang. You're sober!! You've joined the club. Welcome to freedom! I wish you the best my friend and keep posting.
good job! hang in there...this is the first post I have made on this forum...I have been "hanging out" out in the Cirrhosis of the Liver forum since last Oct...   didn't think that I drank that much but luckily my cirrhosis was found early (totally by accident)  all my blood work is excellent...so now the responsibility lies with me to keep my liver compensated and functioning well...but it's been tough lately cuz I really want a drink  :)  but I want to live more...every day I have to talk myself out of a drink....one day at a time, right?
Take care,
Bev
thank you Campqueen...love the name.  This weekend my hubby a non drinker wants to take our big fifth wheel out and go to the local campground.  I am thinking of letting him go alone.  What do most people do at the campground...drink..it might be hard seeing that I have not even been sober 1 month yet.

Congratulations on your sober time, great accomplishment. I have been clean and sober just over 19 months and feel life is so much better. I went to recovery program and did a twelve step program and lots of AA meetings, they are great support. Being with other people who think the same way as you. Being sober to me feels like I have escaped from a jail cell. It kept me a prisoner and ran my life. Going camping now is great, enjoyed normal things like roasting marshmallows, playing games, just having regular fun. It felt great and I thought of the way it was, a prisoner to the bottle. Life is so great now, going out at night for a treat, or coffee, free to do anything at anytime. I did dump all my using friends, too hard to be around it, recovery suggested I did that, no regrets there. Found new sober friends in the AA program and it's much better for me. I still go to AA meetings regularly and study the twelve steps. They have made me a much better person. Stay sober, go to meetings, and have faith that you will love living life sober just as much as I do. Stay strong and determined.
Hi, how are you doing today? Are you feeling better now, and finding you have more time to get things done? It's amazing how much more time we can find in a day now being sober. The accomplishments are amazing and it really makes you feel proud. Have you been going to AA meetings? They are great support and the 12 step program is so great, it has changed my life.
I am sorry I have posted to you using the wrong name twice. So sorry. The posts to campqueen were for Mustang0064.
30 days today....cold turkey. No support but no problem.
Congratulations on one month sober, great job. You have it beat, but you should go to some AA meetings. They are great support and there are some great people there. The twelve step program is so good. I love it and have learnt to live by it. Keep going on your sobriety, you should be proud of yourself.
day 33...still ok ...I am too far for meetings here lol...and with my M.S. I do not drive much...I can handle this...I quit coke years and years ago...next is cigs...never my mmj...oh my nails lol...my daughter and grandbabies (3,2,1) died in a fire in 2011..i am passed that as well...I will always carry that pain ,no matter what...so why not do it sober ...
My online help is a very well known celebrity who is encouraging me a lot...if I screw up , it will be global!
33 days, that is so good, congratulations. Sorry you live far from meetings, I love the 12 steps of AA, helped me so much, but you can also find them online. So sorry about losing your family, my prayers for you. You have had a awfully hard time and you obviously are a very strong person. Proud of you for your strength. I want to quit smoking also, thinking of using patches, what will you do. Its good you have celebrity support and it wouldn't be fun showing you screwing up globally, what incentive!!! Glad you have a sense of humour, me too, it really helps make life better. The greatest part I find of being happy and smiling is others smile back. Such a good feeling.
Judy
thanks again, I quit 2x using patches, the glue makes my skin swell.
Champix made me crazier lol