Alcoholism Community
i need help

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

i need help

My boyfriend is an alcoholic and I can't get him to stop. When he has drink on him he verbally abuse me. I luv him and I'm 3 months pregnant with his child. When he has no drink on him he is the loveliest man u could ever meet. I don't know what to do
As you already know you cant get him to stop, he is the only one who can get him to stop. You need to look after you and your unborn child. The stress of this situation is not good for you or the baby.Any type of abuse, verbal or otherwise is unacceptable and alcohol is no excuse.

How do your Boyfriends family feel about his drinking?  
They r backing me up. And today he has got help. So all I can do is hope.
I am glad he is getting help and his family is backing you up.

How are you doing?
His family is helping a lot and I'm doing ok.
i kinda understand. my boyfriend is an alcoholic as well and like urs is the greatest when not drinking. he doesnt or hasnt got violent with me, but i can see the anger in his eyes when hes been drinking. i am going to the doctor tomorrow to get a blood test to see if i am pregnant, but i think it is too soon to show up. i hope things get better for you, your boyfriend, but most definately for your baby on the way. my dad is an alcoholic. it was and is hard to have a dad like that. ill pray for your family.