increased thirst and cravings for food after quitting opiates
i'm on day 7 of no opiates and i'm sleeping better thanks to valerian root and trazadone. i haven't begun my exercise routine yet as i've been plagued w severe malaise however i think i may give some exercise a try today... still sneezing too. anyway... ive noticed a dramatic increase in my thirst. and my appetite for that matter.. not for unhealthy food tho. i'm just wondering if anyone else has experience a DRAMATIC increase in their thirst as well? i can't get enough water and its like i go into a panicky state n dive for more... then i'm going pee every 5 minutes literally... but not all the water is coming out... so i'm sure my bodies absorbing most of it... anyone else had this?
A doctor once told me that any time we go through a physical change it is good to drink more water.  I can't remember being thirsty like you describe but I do know I drank more water when I was getting clean.  I also drink more water when I work overnight shifts at work.  It actually seems to help better than coffee or other caffeinated drinks.  I wish I had more to offer.  I'm generally not one for getting panicky.  Remember one day at a time and try to go with the flow, pun not intended.  LOL!  Good job on day 7.  Keep it up your're doing great.  Take Care!!
congrats on 7 days!!!!!.....i went thru my pill wd 2 yrs ago, and i almost forgot about the sneezing....that was a horrible side effect, i think around day 5 i got out of the house for a few hours, didn't exercise, i just drove listened to my ipod and looked around. i felt so much better when i got home. as far as the thirst goes....that's normal, you're dehydrated and your body really needs it, stick with water, gatorade or REAL fruit juice, like punkinhead mentioned coffee and tea don't help much, they have too much tannin in them, which actually dehydrates us as we drink it....don't know why it works like that tho.  keep it up....you're almost to day 8!!!!
ya... music helps a lot! i love uplifting trance music so that really seems to be giving me a boost. i stopped taking all the amino acids cuz my doctor said they could do more harm than good and to just stick to a good protein shake. coQ10 and fish oil and a healthy diet. pretty simple. so glad that i seem to be over the worst of it... at least i think... although the fatigue/malaise is still pretty strong... how long did yours last?

opiates are a pain the A$$!!!!!  GRRRRR