Alcoholism Community
is O'Douls alcohol free beer safe?

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

is O'Douls alcohol free beer safe?

I know it says alcohol free on the bottle but I think I read somewhere that it still has 0.05% alcohol in it or something like that. I like going to the bar, and watching my fiancee drink makes me jealous so I thought about drinking O'Douls, but is it safe for me with my pregnancy??
No woman should ever consume alcohol during her pregnancy!Just not good for a developing fetus!Ginger ale w/a splash of cranberry juice on the rocks is better!
I am concerned about your thinking.  You are jealous that your fiance can drink and you cant.  You are pregnant.  There are enough warnings everywhere you look that tell the dangers of drinking while pregnant.  What your body is doing right now is far more amazing than any drink could ever produce.
Well then here ya go:
O'Douls' various brews contain a very small amount of alcohol, 0.5%, probably not enough to get even the most inexperienced teenager a buzz. However, it's enough to make a cirrhotic liver sit up and take notice, so it should be avoided, like all alcohol products. This would include durring pregnancy also. It's very responsibile of you to look into this first.

Now I have a question, wouldn't your money be better spent on baby things than at a bar? Also is this bar scene going to change after your little one is born? Seems to me your husband/BF should be taking you somewhere you both can enjoy not to a bar so he can get his buzz on. Your going to be a terrific mom and you deserve to be treated like you are the most special lady in his world. I just think you deserve a little better now that your having his baby, don't you?

Anyways it's not really my buisness and you don't need to answer. It's just my take so roll it around up there if you want but there's the answer to your question. Congrads.

Randy
No amount of alcohol is safe for that little baby in your womb my dear!NONE!
Ask your OB.
There is nothing mentioned in ur first post @ an autoimmune disorder!
Haley I am sorry you are offended about the replies you recieved. Nobody here meant to upset you and certainitly not I. Please keep in mind when posting this is a support forum so here you will recieve not only answers to your questions but advise pertaining to your situation(s). If you want Q&A (questions and answers) I suggest you familiarize yourself with goggle.com.

Sorry I didn't know you had an autoimmune disorder but I seen the post just now after reading your profile and I can assure you the answer you recieved will be most helpful.

Here is some information on autoimmune disorders but without knowing what type you have it is difficult to advise you:

Your body's immune system protects you from disease and infection. But if you have an autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake. Autoimmune diseases can affect many parts of the body. These diseases tend to run in families. Women - particularly African-American, Hispanic-American, and Native-American women - have a higher risk for some autoimmune diseases.

There are more than 80 types of autoimmune diseases, and some have similar symptoms. This makes it hard for your health care provider to know if you really have one of these diseases, and if so, which one. Getting diagnosed can be frustrating and stressful. In many people, the first symptoms are being tired, muscle aches and low fever.

The diseases may also have flare-ups, when they get worse, and remissions, when they all but disappear. The diseases do not usually go away, but symptoms can be treated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be a critical factor in your pregnancy and if you would like more information I will be glad to see what i can find for you. If you are uncomfortable discussing it in the group please feel welcome to send me a PM. I am not interested in knowing you personal buissness but remember you posted here so my personal opinion(s) are what you will recieve :) Though that might come with good and bad but always with respect and I expect the same in return.

Randy

First of all I'm intrigued by all the answers on your post. I drink O'Doul's beer and I am a muslim, and honestly the religion takes alcohol consumption very seriously in which case I believe this drink is harmless.

On the bottle it says it's "less thank .5% alcohol by volume" which is usually written and disclosed on dealchoholized drink bottles because of transparency regulations. Even if there is a drop of something in any consumer product, it needs to be mentioned.

It is completely normal to feel jealous of your huband when he's drinking and hanging out with his buddies, however I don't believe you should be reprimanded for your honesty. At this point I'm questioning my conspumtion of this product.. although I don't believe that this drink by any means can cause drunkeness, a slight buzz or cause any health problems to your baby, due the extremely insignificant alcohol percentage.

My advice, honestly, is just go see your doctor.. but I seriously wouldn't worry about something like this... if your going to kill urself over less than .5% of alcohol per volume.. then you might as well just go on a rampage on everything else in your life. Gas emissions in the air from cars can cause cancer.. even though u there is very little.. the microwave you heat your food in alters minerals and sends chemical waves into your nutritition that could harm the baby.. people just need to relax.. cause there will always be some miniscule detail that- if focused on- will ruin everything.