Alcoholism Community
my husband ruined his marriage

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

my husband ruined his marriage

this isnt a question but a reply to some of u who gave me advise. well, another saturay night went by than-god i wasnt attacked. Ive decided to leave him, i cant live in fear. my husband is a good man sober- why oh why cant he see what his drinking has caused? I know its a disease but when one know's how much is at stake, why do they not go get help?  I'm sorry
u r sober right?did anyone try 2 talk to u when u were drinking and u blew them off?u made the decision on ur own 2 quit right?u got sick and tired of being sick and tired?well if he ever wakes up this will b the way it has to b..it was that way for many of us!alcohol also destroys brain tissue...he is very sick in the head!
well good luck..it's a tough place to be in but there are worse...i think you should leave.. in time things will get better..when something goes worng in a marriage and you feel like you failed that can be such a drag..but your not alone...there are so many going through this rich and poor...and be carefull.....billy
Yes, i am sober & people did try to talk to me & i did blow them off till i hit bottom and saw what it was doing to myself & family.Sure am sick of being sick&tired. Yes billy i feel i have failed because i wasnt enouph for him to quit& i sure do feel alone,and crying does not help.
U DID NOT FAIL THIS  MAN Dear..he failed himself!i flew solo for a long time and met this man i wanted to make a committment too.He was clean from cocaine 4 years.He relapsed with pot,then came the cocaine,then came a nasty ugly beast with a return to his low rent lifestyle.Did i fail him?Hell no honey he failed himself just like ur husband has done!We really can't be our brothers keeper regarding what THEY CHOOSE to pour down their throats up their noses or in their arms!!!!!!
when i think of my x and what he threw away with us...and i get angry i think of my nail tech.Gorgeous gal,sweet..married her high school sweetheart...unfortunately.Loved him so much...and he got in2 heroin.She tried to help him  tons of time.....he went thru treatment many times......in/out jail.....still the needle and his skanky addict girlfriend held more appeal than his wife and his beautiful 5 yr.old  son who has no relationship with him.He now sits in prison til 2009.Did she fail him?NO WAY....he CHOSE the needle and the hell he has now.
Don't be sorry. My ex-husband was mean when he was sober and real bad when he was drunk. He was on drugs too. I was tired of getting  kicked, hit and choked everynight. One night I just hit him with a frying pan. I don't suggest this, but if I hadn't done it I wouldn't  be writing this now. After we divorced he fell asleep with a lit cigarette in his hand and almost died. I'm glad it's over for us. God Bless

dove
Did you knock him out cold?
Did you knock him out cold?
Dove hasn't been active since 2008 but you never know she may get an email and decide to comment. I'd wonder the same thing!
My therapist gave me a book a while back called "The Verbally Abusive Relationship." It has allowed me to find my way out of the vicious cycle of abuse in relationships by understanding what was going on and how to stop it. Leaving really helped too! It started a process that has changed my life.

Cricket