naltrexone
My significant other is an alcoholic and I am trying to help her find a way out.  We wonder about the use of Naltrexone.  Does it work?  Are there doctors in Florida who will prescribe it?
I see that you are 73!how old is your SO?does she WANT to stop drinking?what other health problems does she have?Alcoholism cannot be stopped solely with the ingestion of a pill!A desire to stop coupled with a support group and medication if deemed appropriate by her doctor in consideration of any other medical problems that might exist is the best way to proceed.I see better results with Campral but individual meds work differently with each individual!
Hello. As ibizan said, there is no miracle pill whenit comes to alcoholism. Things such as therapy or aa are of great benefit. Medication alone is like giving a cancer patient radiation only, when they also need chemo and surgical intervention. There has been some success with some medications, but more often than not, their effectiveness is much greater when used in conjunction with additional therapies. Take care, GM
I have had some success with Campral, I ordered it on-line, seems to help with craving as everyone else said though there is no magic cure, a support system to go with it would help a lot.
I love this medication,but you have to wanna quite! I was on it 6 years ago for a year then stopped taking it and feii of the wagon,oops well just got back on it 4 months ago its takes the craving away fast,its cheap i have no insurance its like $7.oo. good luck i'm telling you it works great!