Alcoholism Community
naltrexone
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

naltrexone

My significant other is an alcoholic and I am trying to help her find a way out.  We wonder about the use of Naltrexone.  Does it work?  Are there doctors in Florida who will prescribe it?
Related Discussions
  • campral (6 replies):
    What are all your thoughts on Campral, has anyone ever t...[more]
  • Campral in New Zealand (3 replies):
    Hi There I have been prescribed Campral by my GP but ...[more]
  • Vivitrol (12 replies):
    Im currently taking vivitrol(Naltrexone)for alcohol abus...[more]
  • campral (2 replies):
    What is everyones thought s on the drug Campral. I have ...[more]
  • campral (3 replies):
    TJack - i have been on campral for over a month - i was...[more]
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I see that you are 73!how old is your SO?does she WANT to stop drinking?what other health problems does she have?Alcoholism cannot be stopped solely with the ingestion of a pill!A desire to stop coupled with a support group and medication if deemed appropriate by her doctor in consideration of any other medical problems that might exist is the best way to proceed.I see better results with Campral but individual meds work differently with each individual!
Blank
455167_tn?1259261471
Hello. As ibizan said, there is no miracle pill whenit comes to alcoholism. Things such as therapy or aa are of great benefit. Medication alone is like giving a cancer patient radiation only, when they also need chemo and surgical intervention. There has been some success with some medications, but more often than not, their effectiveness is much greater when used in conjunction with additional therapies. Take care, GM
Blank
1323047_tn?1279197519
I have had some success with Campral, I ordered it on-line, seems to help with craving as everyone else said though there is no magic cure, a support system to go with it would help a lot.
Blank
3755064_tn?1348056722
I love this medication,but you have to wanna quite! I was on it 6 years ago for a year then stopped taking it and feii of the wagon,oops well just got back on it 4 months ago its takes the craving away fast,its cheap i have no insurance its like $7.oo. good luck i'm telling you it works great!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...