need advise on my boyfriends drinking problem
my boyfriend has drank for 20 years and he drank day in and day out but he stopped for two months now he has started again but only drinking on the weekends from the time he gets off from work till he goes to bed before work on Monday. I am worried because he shakes and has started puking up black stuff and he proceeds to tell me that it is not the drinking. I am scared and worried for him what should I do
do everything you possibly can to get him to a dr. I lost my husband years ago to liver failure. I had 3 young kids at the time. he absolutely refused to go to the dr. after watching him suffer in icu for 7 weeks he succumbed to liver failure at age 35. if you don't do everything you can trust me you will live with guilt. I still do. I just feel I didn't do enough. people tell me im wrong but the guilt will never leave me. my prayers are with you clownn2
I'm a recovering alcoholic and I hated to keep it under control at all, let alone during the entire week. I think it's good that he once quit. He seems to know he needs to. Some positive stuff going on here.  But He needs to want help. He needs to become sick and tired of being sick and tired, and then he needs to come up with the idea to stop drinking all by himself. Needs to be his idea or he just isn't going to quit. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Meanwhile, get him to a physician. That's something you can do. A doctor will be honest with him about the causes of the coffee ground vomit. The doctor will order upper and lower GI tests. All you can do is hope your boyfriend will tell the doctor about his weekend binging.

It would REALLY be a good sign if you can get him to post on here... Get his own handle and ask questions??

You'll find a forum called "Living With and Alcoholic". You should post this on there also and see what kind of action you get...

Best of luck to you both.
yeah thank you for answering me but I am leaving him he started drink again during the week n beat the crap out of me so I am done thank you though for the advise
You are doing the right thing for YourSelf. I hope You are already gone.  There is NEVER an excuse for a Man to hit a Woman - whether or not alcohol is an issue.
The only advice I would give You is:  Stay Gone!!  Don't Go Back!!

Regards,
Tink