Alcoholism Community
one week

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

one week

So today it has been one week.  In fact one week ago was a very bad night, one where I woke up the next morning and said that this has to stop for so many reasons.  Today was harder than yesterday, but I did not drink.  The next few days, weeks are going to be a challenge.  I just wish I could be a social drinker!!!!!  I know, I have the "crazy gene" I call it.  I get alcohol in my system and want to go 100 mph ahead til I'm falling over, the majority of the time.  I have been toying in my mind today, maybe once I hit a year sober and then go to two drink max rule that will work....  None of you even have to comment cause I know it's the crazy in me that is toying with never having a drink again.  I'm thinking more about finding an AA group somewhat close to home to go to.  Today was a day where I can actually say that I craved it.  Home with the kids, stressed out.  I swear there was something inside me that I just can't explain, but I wanted to drink.  Going to the grocery store and walking past the alcohol really sucked too!  I wish things were different.  :(  
PLs Pls Pls find the closest AA mtg SOON!picking up again can be upon u in a flash!
I second that suggestion. That AA group that you go to, turn your alcohol addiction over to them. You'll be in good hands. Congratulations on your one week, that's huge! Keep posting.