scared for a loved one
My brother drinks beer. I mean he drinks, if he is awake he has a budweiser in his hand. He has lost relationships and friendships because of his drinking. He admits that he is an alcoholic but does not seem to care. The people who truly love him hate it when he is drunk, like I said is every day!!  His friends think he is great. They think he is fun, caring and the life of the party so to speak. He has quit drinking a few times. He goes through hell detoxing. Then when he has detoxed and starts to feel a little better he starts drinking again. He says " I am a grown man I can handle this". He is 42 years old and he has been drinking almost like this for about 20 years. I have told him he needs professional help. He is afraid he will never be able to have another beer again. But he is an alcoholic and he won't be able to just socially drink. How do I help him, he is my brother and i am veryconcerned about him.
Sadly there is nothing you can do for him, he has to do it for himself, and he won't do it unless he's ready no matter what anyone says. However here is something you can do for yourself. Check out AL-Non. They will help you understand how to live with an alcoholic loved one.