sram-ams(alcohol monitoring bracelet
Anyone wearing or ever worn one of these gadgets? I was just fitted with one yesterday after having my 2nd Dui over a year ago. Am already forming skin abrasions and am concerned about ulceration sores,infection etc. I had been sober 2 years when I relapsed last march and I got popped again, it had been 2years since the first. I have been sober since and managed to drag the court thing on for 10 mnths until this past Jan. when I was sentenced this is part of a very harsh sentence I was given. No one has told me yet how long I have to wear it before I can petition to have it removed. The pain and the financial strain $400.00, a month is unreal. Anyone have any insight or advice about this? Thanks.
Found the video for that song on Yahoo music. They've played it and sang it at the church I attend. The Pastors daughter is incredible on the piano and a wonderful singer, and their whole choir is fantastic. A great melange of people attend the church black white hispanic,all kinds of great people. Great song I guess it'll be in my head all day now! Also last night Tom and I watched the movie "The bucket list", with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, WOW what a great movie, you guys should see it. It makes you think a lot about life much like the movie Crash if you've ever seen it, if not you should see that one too!
all 3 of us together.....sequel to thelma and louise!i loved that movie...hey lets go fishing to arkansas and leave darryl a note on a frozen dinner in the microwave!loved the movie Crash!
Good morning.  Mouth feels so much better this morning.  Having my coffee and getting ready for a busy day with these girls.  I will try to get a pic. and post.  I like the new name for your bracelet Bandida.  I am glad they don't have a chain and ball attached.
I did like that movie Crash and meant to see the Bucket list when it was on at the theater, so will just have to rent it.  Yep, you two are very entertaining, but fishing in Arkansas? haha  You know a year ago we were in Eureka Springs Arkansas for my niece's wedding.  It is a neat town about an hour from Branson.
Yes, the rich and spoiled.  Too bad for them,  they need some tough love.  And that kid of Hulk Hogan's does too! oh well,  that's my 2 bits for the day.   Have a good one Ibizan and Bandida, hope your shackel comes off for good soon.  Tonya
Had a pretty easy day at wk thank God. My new model is rubbing old spots and making it's own new ones. Going down tomorrow to see what is going to be done with this situation. I and Tom know it's got to come off, no ifs or buts about it. How they choose to handle it I'll just have to wait and see. If I may be so blunt as to say "One of those guys better grow a set of B--ls" and take some control here. My PO porobrably has to go to his supervisor so theres plenty of cojones to choose from. If not I'll grow my own  and set them all straight. But I'll be sweet when I do it. Honey catches more flys than vinegar right! Anyway I'm pretty pooped out so I'll catch you guys tomorrow. Hope you had a great day today, especially you TJack w/ those little munchkins of your. Don't forget to take some pic's. G'nite   Terry
Jeez!maybe they could implant a microchip?harmless to the canines....:)
Tom and I already said that to eachother, it will probrably become the next technologie for alcohol detection and house arrests instead of the GPS's and this thing. How is it they can make cell phones smaller than these, they should be able to make them to look like a normal watch and to be worn on your wrist. Makin my calls this a.m to see how things are going to proceed. Gotta wk at 2 so have to move on it. Tom's got to go to wk 2 so I have to wk around his sched.
Well I'm 1 step closer to getting this thing off. Called the guy who put it on he told me call my PO, they tlkd my PO called me bk said the guy is faxing him a letter to the effect that I am not a candidate for the bracelet DUH! And in turn PO is going to take it to the courthouse to the judge to see if he'll sign it(he better) at least both guys have seen the damage and I told PO that I have pictures if the judge needs to see them, PO said don't worry I've seen you leg it's pretty bad. So don't know how soon this will happen maybe not today, which means I have to suffer thru the wknd.Owwwww! But as long as the end result is that it comes off I'll bear it. Keeping my fingers crossed! I can't see a judge disbelieving 2 correctional probation officers. I'll keep ya's posted.
Good morning to my East coast friends, well sort of Ibi?  Ohio is in that direction anyway.  Another beautiful day here in the northwest.  Took the girls down the street to my friends who has a solar heated pool yesterday afternoon. They had a ball with her grandkids.
I had my therapy session yesterday.  She says i am doing great.  I am trying my best for sure.  Feel good and don't want to drink.  
Yes, i agree on the chip and also why can't they make an attractive little bracelet for your wrist or something?  We can send a man to the moon> oops that' s another story.
Almost 8 here.  The wild comanches are still sleeping, also their Poppy is too. I always enjoy a little quiet time when i get up and my java of course.
Take care and post any news.  Tonya
I put on a couple of pics. of our girls on my page.  Tonya
good news all around 4 u 2 gals.....heated solar pool sounds good....i'd want a big awning over it....i'm very fair skinned and burn don't get out in the hot sun much unless under a big umbrella!
I hear you on that.  i have to watch it, as i have had two melanoma's.  I was sitting in the shade while they swam.  If i am out in it i have sunscreen on.  Years ago we didn't know we weren't suppose to babyoil up and fry our bodies? dang!  
Mornin Girls! Well it's off to school for me this a.m, DUI schools that is. It's the last thing I have to do aside from the straight house arrest and probation. Hopefully no more $$$$ has to be put out. As far as the thingamajig, it's still on, hopefully Monday it will be removed-pray-pray-pray for me! The guy who put it on tlkd to my PO and told my PO he was writing a leter to the court and faxing it over to him. On top of that he followed thru by having his supervisor call PO's supervisor to make him aware of the gravity off this situation, and the papers are supposedly being walked thru right to the Judge, we'll see. But being as yesterday was friday the justice wheels turn real slowly so I have to suffer thru another wknd. It will be worth it if this thing comes off on Mon. The letter included that I was not a good candidate due to medical reasons and the Base in Colorado that monitors this also agreed that some people just can not wear it. That would be me Little Miss Chicken Legs! Anyways gotta go to wk right from school so I'll catch up with ya's later tonight. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY! IT"S JUST 1 MORE DAY IN A SOBER LIFE, ENJOY IT!!!!!!
Hey back at ya.  You are so right.  another sober day>halelujah
It feels good.  Be glad for you when Monday gets here and you
lose your shackle for good. School today> how many of those do
you need to attend?  You will be through with all of it soon, i hope. I think the letter ought to do it for the bracelet.
Ibizan, have you gone to visit your Mom?  I hope you found her doing
better.  How are all the pooches doing?  I forget how many you said you have?  Another beautiful day in Oregon. woohoo  Off in the jeep my girlies and I will go.  They love it with the top down.
Hang in there and i will too.  Hugs, Tonya
lil miss chicken legs...LMAO!well there is light at the end of the tunnel!yes i went to see my mom....out of hospital..had a bad nite last nite and said God shoulda took her vs.Tim the CNN man...she was very cranky today which was good...showing spunk and waiting for a portable oxygen unit so we can go 2 activities 2 gether..bingo,Wordgames,music trivia....many of the staff at her facility love her and take very good care of her...i thank them profusely..such hard work!Went to Starbucks and had the worse shaken iced tea lemonade...warm tea..not shaken melted ice...came back here and had another made the right way!I have 2 greyhounds and 3 cats.....,such good companions...MissChicken Legs lives in greyhound racing central down there....i could live in a greyhound commune.....such wondrous dogs!:)
You are so sweet and funny!  Glad to hear your Mom was spunky.  That is a good sign.  You should have tasted that tea lemonade and said nope wont' work, do another.  Probably somebody new.  My girls are now at their other Grandmas, which is good because Poppy and I are worn out. ha ha  lots of fun though.
Your pooches and kitty's are sweet i know.  We want another dog, but we go alot so we are waiting till we are home more.  I enjoy your posts  so much.  Have a great night and day tomorrow.  Hugs, tonya
Puck Puck Lil Miss Chicken Legs here finally gt home about 1/2 hr. ago Long Day! Clas was OK, 3 more to go. Nice bunch of people, knew two of the other females in the class from jail, there were only 3 of us. Nobody putting on any airs or pretenses just facing up to the mistakes we made. The instructor was actually the guy who did my evaluation, very nice easy going and made the class interesting instead of just clinical. Ankles still hurting but I believe I am 1 day closer to unshackle day. Ibuprofen makes it somewhat bearable and it was slow tonight. Ibizan do you take your Mom on outings? Is that what the O2 is for. Bet she likes to get out and about w/u. My Mom was on a portable shortly befor she passed. I remember we made the lst thanksgiving dinner together for our family and she was able to do it thnx to it. Anyhow not much more to report, gotta wk tomorrow, going to church in the a.m. so I'll check with u2 tomorrow. Have a great night! Get some rest NaNa they'll be back! You lucky stiff!!! G-nite! God Bless Terry
had a 15% coupon...ended up being 1.71 with member discount...first girl screwed up the size they got the size right then i tasted it was thirsty and downed it..shoulda swapped it next time i will!we do not take mom out of facility...she said she no longer feels comfortable being out with the regular world....all the noise scares her..she has dementia and it has progressed....sometimes all the noise and fastness of this society gets 2 me as well!this life is so much one day atta time....with everything!u gals have a good weekend!
Hi Girls! Waiting till after 10 a.m to tlk to my PO. Got to let him know I'm wking today and ofcourse to find out what's going on with this torture device. By the end of the wk nite my ankle is so swollen and it feels like a heart is beating painfully in it!!! Will keep U posted. Say Hi to Bob 185= he's having a tough time these days. Terry.(lil Ms. chicken legs) lol.
Good Morning Girls.  Hope you get some good news today and rid yourself of the shackle Terry.  Ibizan, how goes it with you girlie?  still nice and warm in the northwest.
Maybe we have finally made the turn toward summer. yippee
Off to get nails this morning and lunch with the gal who helped me through the adapt program when i was on suboxone study.  She's a doll. I'd like to adopt her, same age as my daughter and just as sweet.
Yes, i had a note from Bob this morning and wrote him back.  I hope and pray he can turn it around with God's help and get out of the misery he is stuck in.  I feel for him.
I feel for your poor little chicken leg too Terry.
Let us know what the PO says?  Tonya
cool wave here....high 60's...NICE can turn off ac and get some fresh air..its Monday in the hood....Bob creates his own misery....only he can repair himself.....hope chickipoos legs are healing up!:)
Well, is the shackle still with you?  I Hope that will be a NO.  Anxious to hear.
Good for you and a cool wave Ibi, i am so happy to say we are holding in the 70s here.
Not much humididty out here either so even the 80s is not bad.  Just having some sun is a big plus for all of us web footed people. ha  Yes, i know Bob has to dig himself out of this place he is in, but i do want to encourage him.  I know you deal with this stuff on a daily basis so you know your stuff and he needs to hear the facts as well as be encouraged to get with it.  I am off to AA in the morning.  Meeting with my sponsor 45 min. before the meeting to go over my homework.  What are my thoughts on the opinion of the Dr. in the BOOK?  Now, this is deep.  I have been working on it though.
Will check in tomorrow.  Tonya
Yes the shackle is still with me! I'm going insane!!!!! Got my weekly appt. with my PO this a.m. We'll see what happens. Maybe I need to park myself outside the Judges chambers. Why do they call it a chambers anyway? Maybe we can fit him with one of these then it will become a torture chamber! Hopefully todays the day. Got my 2nd DUI school class tonight. Will keep ya's posted. Everyone make it a great day!!! Terry.
When you see this guy< PO or whomever, hobble in as best you can.  Can't hurt your case.  I have AA this morning.  Got about 4 hours of sleep last night.  Not good.  Several other things to get done while i am out and about.  No doubt I will be wanting a nap as soon as i get home.  I hate it when that happens.  
Have a great sober day girlies.  Cya on here later. Tonya
cooler here which is good...as for Bob he has received many good suggestions and advice i've never seen him post that he's followed up on any of it....self pity and anger r 2 of the alcoholics/addicts greatest enemies that can cause tons of misery..if we let it!i'll always encourage ppl..but there is so much personal work that we have to do ourselves and don't we know it!have a good day u girly girls!!!!:)))))
Yes, i know he has received lots of good suggestions.  I wish he would take them to heart and try to help himself get out of this hole he has dug himself into.  If he could just get a revelation that hey this can get better.   there is life after this and the ex.
Had my shaken green tea today>> I get the big one with no water and 3 splenda , yummy, it hits the spot.  I know this is my new addiction.  I also drink arizona diet decaf green tea all day long.  No hangovers from this stuff which is the best thing about it.ha ha  Okay chicken legs, are you still packing your bracelet around?  update when you can.  I know you have your class tonight.  I will check in manana.  Tonya
had a shaken green tea lemonade today....soo good and buy Arizona diet green tea by the gallon!greyt minds do think/drink alike!:)
I bought 6 gallons of the stuff today.  I go through about a gallon a day.  I hope it is good for us?  Got to be, doesn't it?  Yep, we are brilliant I do believe : ) chuckle~
yikes i do the same thing...CVS special 2 for $5...very good in this weather!also like the glaceau water with vitamins..tad pricey but i spent more on bacardis and Beefeaters in the day!:)
What's with these shaken tea concoction you guys are enjoying? Let me in on it. I like the Lipton Diet White tea w/citrus. What can I make w/that? As far as torture device....still on PO said if he doesn't hear anything by Friday he'll do whatever.... I am not going to wait that long. Had to pay another $84 buckeroos yest. just to show I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Boy it really burns my u/know what to pay for my own pain. Unbelievable!!!! Going to call the Judges office today and see 4 myself what's going on and to volunteer to go up there and show him or even his legal asst. exactly how bad this is. The letter they received can in no way convey the severity of this. Not been feeling good the past few days. Fever, feeling cold when everyone else is hot. Don't know if it's a bug or perhaps this thing has given me an infection in my body. Some thing is wrong w/Toms camera and we can't download the pic's but there in the camera so they can see that too. I'm at my wits end and don't want to wait any longer, all I need is a signature. Next step if necessary is to ER clinic and let Doctor see and cut if off. Then I know they'll try and get me to pay for damage to the unit. You don't want me to write what I say about that!!!Use ur imagination! Anyway I'll post after my phone calls and let ya's know K.....Terry puck puck legs lololol
that thang has probably given u an infection...and the shaken iced tea lemonade is 2 b had at Starbucks!
Morning back there in the East girlies.  You do sound at your wits end Terry and I think Ibi is right on, you probably have an infection from the torture device.  I think you should go to E R and let them call the judge or whoever and tell them it Has to come off.  Having to pay for your own misery is double bad.
Ibizan likes the green shaken tea/lemonade.  I like it just straight, no water.  You will  have to getcha one and celebrate when you know what is no longer on. Hang in there and get to a doc.  
Hey, Ibi i am paying 2 for $6.  Best deal i can find out here.  I take so many vitamins i don't need anymore so i will leave the glacier water with vits alone.  Have the best day you can girls.   Tonya
As the shackle turns.....I'll try to make this short. Called the judges off. tlked to his gargoyle, I say that because she told me they were doing me a favor by letting me wear this, and would I rather go back to the county jail. Nice huh? I said no but I did not think they knew the seriousness of the problem. She said  have your attorney file an emergency hearing. I said wouldn't it be easier if you or the judge could see 4 yrslf. No can't do that. She was cold as ice and quite the b----! So I went to the DR., good thing cuz I have cellulitis. knew anything with itis on it is an inflamation but did not know how serious until I got home and looked it up. Good thing I caught in time I hope or it could be a trip to hospital w/IV antibiotics. Doctor wrote a note on his scrip pad that said scram brace ~~~causing cellulitis~~~~ not caused. Thats important. So called my attys secretary and am faxing her the note and my PO is faxing her the letter that was written and brought to the judge personally. Even my PO said this lady was a B----- when he went there. So thats where its at now, Oh my atty's sec. is going to look up whatever she can on cellulitis and how it can be life threatening(true) and send that along with the motion. Perhaps I'll have to be there. My pleasure!!!! Let's see the big man on the bench get out of this one. Hey I can always call the news station and go public! Don't think for a minute that once I get this off I'm not going to pursue some legal ramnifications of my own. Let's not forget I have plenty of time to research and plot some motions of my own. Anyways I'm taking Keflex. I have not been feeling to well the last 2 days and now I know why. I've been freezing when everyone else is hot, and last night I woke in the wee hours of the morning with my pillow wet with sweat and it was dripping down my back. Fever (which I had) chills, fatigue,aches and just general malaise are all symptons of this itis. I'm off tomorrow thank God. 3rd Dui class. Instructor used to be a cop and knows alot about dui and the laws told our class he has never seen a group of people get slammed so hard on sentencing as ours. At least I'm not alone but I do happen to be the most extreme. That's just me I guess. Just want this dang thing off!!!! I'll blow everyday instead, pee everyday- whatever just not this monster!!! Kind of tired and feeling poopy so going to hit the hay and pray, it soothes me to sleep. I'll catch up w/yas manana girls sleep with the angels and God bless. Terry.
Bless your heart.  I knew you needed to see a dr.  Thank goodness you did.  Sounds like the judge and his cronies have ice water running in their veins.  I am going to look up what you have (cellulitis) but wanted to let you know i read your post and i too am glad you have tomorrow off.  What misery you must be in.  I am so sorry Terry.  Hang in there Hon.  This has got to be over soon.  Sending prayers up for you. Hugs, Tonya
Good God!what poop!if tjack and i were there we would bring u a tray of shaken iced tea lemonades.....could u bring a civil suit against theis court for ur cellulitis?prayers for u girl!Mega prayers!
geez ibi you're as bad as I am up this early! I posred 5 hours ago. Couldn't sleep, just can't get comfortable and my ankle feels like it has a heartbeat of it's own. Will find out later about any suits that can be filed. Gotta get this off 1st. People have sued and won against the State of Florida before. Like I said I have plenty of time to pursue. I'll be on and off all day. Not going anywhere till I go to class t'nite. Standing by, Terry
i have three alarm clocks that awaken me early...my bladder and 2 big greyhound noses in my face wanting 2 pee as well!and i have this routine in the morning i go thru to center myself b4 i come in here to the parade of alcoholics,heroin addicts,crack addicts and parolees on a hourly basis!yes u get urself healed up there girl....such bs in this world we wade thru..it is never ending...ur developing sobriety skills to wade thru it!sigh!
Sounds like a busy day! You must learn so much about human behaviour, but I guess like any job it gets tiresome. Yes I definitly am reinforcing my sobriety with all this,however I could do without the physical pain. One thing I really admire about you is that you are straight and up-front, thats good! People should not get there feelings hurt just becuz someone tells it like it is. And thats a lot of people, including some on here. The truth hurts but then we move on and thats where all need to get to. It's so attainable...sobriety that is. Have a wonderful day. trying to get the fax mach. to wk, it's fighting me too!!!lol Terry
Good Morning Girls.   How is the ankle today Terry?  I looked up what you have and just as i thought, bacterial infection.  So i am guessing you are on an anti biotic.
surely someone will come to their senses  today and take it off of you!  
Another beautiful day here.  Boy oh boy we are loving it and the rust we all have from 6 months of rain is gradually going away. ha ha  I am hitting the road in the jeep without the top again today.  It is so fun to run around it.  My little girls just loved it.
Meeting a girlfriend for lunch and we will be outdoors at this restaurant, so we really love our sunshine once we get it.  Keep updating so we know what's happening.  Praying for you today.  Hugs, Tonya
i am more than glad to help anyone who walks thru these doors who wants it and will PERSONALLY work for their recovery.....and many deny,blame,rationalize,lie etc ..try at least...don't cut it with me here as u well know!:)gets old the BS...but today i have the joy of my week my Adult Recovery Group- anywhere from 9-12 ppl come...alcoholics,heroin addicts,pain pill addicts,crack addicts who r sincerely trying to change their lives..and i love it!we have a good group!they remind me of where i came from and what they struggle with i did and still on a daily basis have to hone my recovery skills.they motivate me to come up with good recovery topics that make sense and r applicable 2 them!And u r right..there r many in this forum who have come and gone..didn't want to hear the truth but some good ones who stay with good recovery and good ideas!tjack..u have a good day..sounds cool in more ways than one!
Good evening girls.  Hope things are looking up for you Bandida!  I sure hope you are feeling better and your anklet is GONE bye bye for good.  
Ibizan, hope your day turned out as good as you were expecting .  It is so great that you have the job you have>helping people who have screwed up, just like us.  I hope someday someone will cross my path that I can be of help to.  
Was nice and warm today.  I had to have my tea from Starbucks.  This has turned into an almost daily habit :>).  But, i am not beating myself up for this one. yippee
Have a great Friday.  Terry, waiting to read some good news from you. Tonya
Hi Guys! No sorry to say anklet is still on but the wheels are turning.My atty's secretary called me today and she was in the process of typing up a motion to the judge to have this SOB removed. Guess the letter from the PO and other guy was not enough. Got to sic the big guy on it now. He's using that letter, the Doc's note and lots of other info to present to the judge, maybe even me. Seeing is believing can't poo poo this injury. So tomorrow is friday and most likely I'll have it on thru the wknd. Antibiotics should start wking, but I should still be able to get to it to keep it cleaned and bandaged. Can't do that now and the continued rubbing is not going to let it heal properly until it's off. I do believe for sure it will be off by next week. She told me call her Monday and hopefully she'd have an answer so I don't have to pay another $84 bucks. Thank God this atty still considers it the same case and hasn't asked for a dime. But Tom wants to talk to him about a suit over this thing, we'll see. Some higher up authorities some times need to be put in their place, maybe this is part of the whole scheme. Leave it to me to be the one to set a precedent. If it helps 1 person not to suffer as I am then it's worth it. I shop at a store here that has a starbucks in it, going on Sun after last dui class so I will definitly try this tea you girls rave about. I'll be on a bit longer so standing by. Terry
Hey girl.   I cannot even believe this saga.  It is like a nightmare for you.  I don't even know what to say at this point.  You know how i feel.  I am so sorry Hon.
Hey, get you a venti shaken green tea, no water.  I have them put 3 splenda in mine before they shake it.  Now Ibizan likes the green tea lemonade, but that one is not for me.  You will have to try that one too.  Hey, i would have a drink of tea with you and celebrate when your ankle torture device comes off if i was there.  I will have one out here in Oregon for you anyway.  Hang tough.  I just wish it would come off without you going through another weekend.  Keep updating.   Hugs, Tonya
Tough I am and Tough I'll be till the end,That's the Leo in me. Sleepy...going to hit the sack, will catch up with ya's tomorrow
so which one of u is gonna start a new thread?128 posts here now!this is big!got one of our clerical gals a vanilla latte frappucino from S'Bucks the other day she'd never had one...whooooe!she dug that!prayers for that chewed up chicken ankle bandida!
Buenos Dias Muchachas!!!! It is getting pretty long huh. Thats a good thing I think, it sure has helped me keep my head together thru out all this BS. Hurts to get out of bed in the a.m. I can't wait to get this thing off. I'm going to jump for joy right into the pool!!!! Got to wk today and tomorrow...Sunday is the last DUI class, and Monday well...........I'm hoping for the Best!
someone has 2 start a new post here..too dang long!us girls can gab....good sobriety gab!so whose gonna do it?
It's done, new tag started. Ckeck out my new pic's. Terry
We were just wondering who pays for the Scram if you can't afford it?Cause we have a limited income so it would be kinda hard to do it.
I was just reading your post and now I feel insulted. You used the term (poo-pooing) in one of your posts. I think an apology is in order. Ha ha
Rpoo (Randy)
I wear the monitor and really hate it. I love to swim and take a bath.
I was wondering if I taped it with heavy tape and put a few bags around it, what would happen