Alcoholism Community
sram-ams(alcohol monitoring bracelet

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

sram-ams(alcohol monitoring bracelet

Anyone wearing or ever worn one of these gadgets? I was just fitted with one yesterday after having my 2nd Dui over a year ago. Am already forming skin abrasions and am concerned about ulceration sores,infection etc. I had been sober 2 years when I relapsed last march and I got popped again, it had been 2years since the first. I have been sober since and managed to drag the court thing on for 10 mnths until this past Jan. when I was sentenced this is part of a very harsh sentence I was given. No one has told me yet how long I have to wear it before I can petition to have it removed. The pain and the financial strain $400.00, a month is unreal. Anyone have any insight or advice about this? Thanks.
Tags: Alcohol
well as the saying goes u did squeeze the toothpaste outta the tube with the DUI's and now u deal with the consequences!think about how much u spent on alcohol in ur life...and the possibility of killing someone driving drunk...bet it would exceed $400..i was stopped five times for dui's tween the years of 1972-1982..been sober /clean 24 years..so grateful i never hurt anyone else other than myself with my drunk driving.
Show your parole type person what it is doing to your wrist and get re-fitted for another one.  I am sure they want it tight enough so as not to be able to remove but should not cause you to have sores etc.  I know ibizan is so right on with her post.  You understand all that, right?  Someone could have died!  
I guess wearing that thing does allow you to go to work, right?  Or how else would you be able to have $$ to pay $1600. a month.  Hope you have a good paying job.
i do take full responsibility for my actions and am not poo-pooing what I did. Yes I do thank God that I nor someone else was hurt much worse killed. But I think 2 yrs on house arrest followed by two years probation after serving 6mnths jailtime and this contraption is a bit excessive especially when it involves physical torture. What is this country coming to! And by the way this thing is not on my wrist, wish it were. It is on my very thin bony ankle, and no I do not have a good paying job I make $7.50 an hour at a Subway....So $400.00 a month plus phone is way over the top for me. I might as well have my paychecks directly deposited to the state of Florida.  I am pround to say that I have an remain sober since the day of my last dui and have done it all without a monitoring device aside from random checks which don't concern me in the least. It is the financial and physical aspect that is hurting me. I am just hoping that if it turns into a real medical thing that it will be removed before I end up in the hospital with staph,gangrene or who knows what. Can't afford hospital either or to lose what job I have which I can walk to since I can't drive. Almost feel like taking all the $$$$$ I have spent and will spen and buy airfare to Costa Rica or Brazil and just never come back to the US. The judicial system in this country has gone to the toilet. People were in jail with me did far worse things and got of so lightly its ridiculous. Guess I caught the judge on a bad day. Just so happens it was the day he was retiring from the bench. Oh well life goes on. Am basically a real happy person. I will continue to fight my addiction and stay sober but will also be tackling the legal system during my house arrest. Got plenty of TIME to research and make a pest out of myself until I see some fairness in all of this.  They could at least have a sliding pay scale!!!!!

yes agree with tjack...sounds like thing is on too tite!most of em i see r on the ankles..dayjob substance abuse counselor...its all designed to hit u where it counts...the pocketbook..i've seen folks with 10-12 duis plus..some ppl never learn..and if u stay cool do what u posed too they may shorten that 2 year house arrest thing!do u have other alcohol/drug related arrests non-driving?any probs with the arrest?what state r u in?some states have stiffer 2nd dui penalties maybe due to high rate of multiple offenders......Virginia being one of em......
She says she is in Florida.  That says alot too.  They can't keep track of children in foster care down there (they just come up gone)  and people get away with murder sometimes.  I am sorry this price is so high for you to pay Bandida.  How can they take everything you make? I read your post wrong, i though it was 400 a week, but working for what you are paid $400 a month is alot!
That doesn't even make sense to me.  Can you appeal?  
I hear good things about Costa Rica and Belize, but how would you get the bracelet off and do you have a passport?  How old are you? children? family?  I thank God i never hurt anyone, wrecked or got stopped, because there were a few times i should not have been behind the wheel!  It scares me now to think about it.  Hang in there and go to a clinic or some doc to recommend a bigger bracelet.  tjack
if u work 40 hrs.week at Subway( and most work more hours).....@7.50/hr u'd bring home $1120.00 b4 taxes!thats not  alot but more than 400 month unless ur working way less than 40 hrs. and tjack...doctors can't reccomend/remove a court ordered ankle monitor..the probation officer has to do that!Florida has a high rate of repeat DUI offenders so thats why the penalties r so stiff!
I just thought maybe it would take a dr. to tell them she has sores from the thing, unless they can use their own eyes and figure it out.  So, she could get a bigger size.
I am also wondering about the 40 hour work week?  
yes the math is off on the work week unless she works below parttime there and i've seen po's adjust/change ankle monitors on those that had em too tite!
Good morning my firend.  Coffee is good this morning.  My shiner is better, but dang i hope it is gone in another week.  I doubt this gal gets 40 hrs. a week.   I think most of the food places make a point not to do that.  Have to  give some benefits then, don't they?  I just had a brain storm, Bandida could also wear a sock so it doesn't rub aginst the skin, yep a looser ankle bracelet and a sock.   Either that or head south of the border.  Naw, best not do that.  It might sound inviting but their are robbers down there in old costa rica and belize.   Not a safe place for a woman alone and on the lamb.
Bandida, just try to get the dang thing comfortable and wear it.  What about your family? kids?  Do you have family to support you through this and help you? tj
No you were not wrong about the math, if I am able to wk 40 hrs your figure is correct. However what you may fail to realize is that I also have to have a place to live and pay 150wkly to rent a room in someones house. Now do the math, does not leave much left over and I am suppose to be psying probation too. Most of the time I wll at least get 32hrs. Think the bracelet is too loose if anything and no you can not put anything between it and your skin. My PO stopped by yesterday at wk and was able to holler across the store that it hurt, only he and I knew what I was reffering to. Will see him Tues. on my scheduled appt. If what you say is true about PO's being the one that can recommend it being removed then that at least makes me feel better mentally. He is a very nice person and has been on my side since I was released 3/26/08 he knows I have been doing all that I am suppose to do as quickly as $$$$$ially able, has also told me he might possibly be able to get his supervision fees waived,crossing my fingers on that. But I will still be strapped in more ways than 1 lol. I will be 49 next month  and have never been in trouble before. My mother passed away 41/2 yrs ago and I guess I just lost it, we were very very close. With the help of AA self-examination my bible and time I have come to terms with my grief of losing her. I don't have to drink to take away the pain which is what I was doing. My dui's occured right around the time of her B'day, which now I know is a trigger as well as the anniversay of her death. It feels better knowing in my mind why I made the mistakes I did. However I do not think the physical pain from this thing should be put on anyone. I understand the concept of it, why should anyone believe I won't drink again. Still physical torture is not the answer no one deserves that.
Yes I have a son 19 who just gave me a grandson who I have yet too see. That hurts. My father is still alive and we are not real close but trying to mend the wounds and hurts that I created. He still has not gotten over my Mom either. My brother and I don't even speak he has his own alky problems. But the most special person in my life is my fiance who I don't know why, has stood and stands behind me and as he say's "loves me to death". I feel blessed despite all my circumstances.
I am glad to know some more about you and what has brought you to this point in your life.  I am so sorry you have lost your Mom.  Glad you have come to terms with your loss and are aware of the triggers.  That is major.  Gosh, Hon i hope you get through this and have a great life.  Having someone who truly loves and stands by you means the world.  My hubby of 38 years is my rock.  Never gives up on me.  19 is very young to be a Daddy these days, hope that works for your son and you get to see your grandson soon.  And no, the bracelet should not be painful!  So hope that goes soon.
keep posting and God Bless. TJ
posted on mrmerrbs site as you can see my brother did not handle things to well either, time heals. Thanks for your blessing Bandida.
What's with the shiner?
I had too much wine over a week ago and hit the sliding glass door with the side of my head.  I think looking at my face in the mornings has been good for me.  Dang it is slow to go away.  Between that and Campral (pill) and some willpower i am even able to avoid the wine aisle at the grocery store now.  I pray i can keep it up.
Now i will seeif i can find your post on mrmerrbs site?  
Wanna borrow my bracelet for a day? Just kidding ...wouldn't wish this on my wortst enemy lol!
I read your post there.   That is such a sad situation.   I am glad your brother is better,
hope he does leave the booze alone and maybe get some brain cells back and be willing to communicate with you.  But, if not forgiveness on your part is the key.
I have forgiven a few and am going to a therapist weekly now.  It seems some things we forgive, we still let drag us down.  I am 57 now and can still feel the pain from childhood abuse!  That crud has got to Go.  So, we all work on ourselves and try to get better.
A friend of mines sister had to wear a bracelet but it was on her wrist.  It wasn't for drinking, embezzelment, i think.  That's calif. though.  Is this thing plastic or metal?
Maybe you can put some bag balm around your ankle to help.  That stuff is a real healer.
ur PO should replace that thing sooner than next week..i would press him for that!yes i know u don't make much and the fines etc....it doesn't leave u with much.....and that sucks!so glad u have ur fiance....stay sober and cherish his support.....i lost my dad 2 years ago.....it stunk.....and now my mom age 89 is in her last lap of the race of life....there isn't enough alcohol/drugs in the world to quash the pain i feel now watching her dimished quality of life....and when she leaves it will suck so bad but i want her to be comfortable.She has been so proud of me staying sober...and i will remain that way!ur mom looks down upon u and is proud of ur sobriety....continue to put  a smile on her face!:)
It is a mostly plastic thing with 2 sensor boxes on each side about the size of a pack if cig, maybe you saw a picture of Lindsey Lohan wearing one? If not you can google scram bracelet and see it for youself, Nothing and I mean nothing can be in between my skin and this thing. That is considered an obstruction and they would cart my skinny little butt back to jail. I have to read the labels on everything I use because there is alcohol in things we all are not even aware of,and even if you make a boo boo and use something by accident that contains alcohol, the burden and I mean burden (court lawyeretc) is on you. I figure if something like that happens to me (hope not) I will insist that they take me to the closest clinic hospital whatever and have urine,blood and btreathalizer test done. They are very strict. Can.t even go swimming and my house has a pool! Bummer.
Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement, my prayers and well wishes for youare being mentally sent as I type.
and the same for u my dear!thank u and ur welcome!there are many good ppl here to offer support and their sobriety xperience to help u...its all one hour atta time one day atta time on this earth....ur on my long prayer list......and u 2 tjack!:))))its shaken iced tea time here in Ohio..high 80's..hot humid..i hate it!gimme back that breeze!:)
high 80s? Try mid 90's and humid, and I have to walk to work......good thing theres A/C at work! MMmmmmm......that pool sure looks invitiing..maybe I can stand on my head in it so this thing does'nt get wet lol! Have a great day!!!!!!!
like the dunkin donut guy says Time to make the SUBS, catch ya'll later tonight maybe Bye
i hate summer!hate heat humidity..love 60-80 and stop right there with a cool breeze and also love fall all the colors...just rite temps.i have a daughter who adopted me that i didn't give birth 2...but she is mine for her own mother abandoned her...(.interestingly died last year of cervical cancer/cirrohsis)..she's in Sarasota!
I didn't know you couldn't get those bracelets wet> what's up with that?  How do they expect you to shower?  How can they tell by the bracelet if you have drank? i thought it was just to monitor where you go?
I know all about that heat and humidity in florida.  Been there in July.  Lived in texas for 11 years and have kin in Oklahoma.  Oh yeah i know all about it and makes me thankful to be in Oregon.   LOW humidity and our summers and generally 80 and 90, some and the falls are gorgeous.  Spring is great,but wet, beautiul flowers though.
We'll have to ask Bandida after her shift where in Florida she is.   Yeppers get your tea, lemonade girl.  I haven't had them add the lemonade yet, i like the other so good, i am afraid to.  but i will.  
i think u have to put a plastic bag on them when u shower!ah yes shaken tea with  lemonade...i love the black!robust and sweet..howz that for a combo....new fav mixed drink!
I'm subbed out and my ankle is killing me as is my back from walking and limping funky. I live in Port Saint Lucie Florida it's about 1hr north of west palm. Yes you can shower with this on but you must dry your skin thoroughly afterwards. You can not submerge so no swimming or bubblebaths. The bracelet monitor alcohol through perspiration thru your skin. When you drink you secrete ethanol and the metal sensors on each side of the strap send a message to somewhere in Colorado and they in turn notify the idiot who put in on me and he calls my nice PO and they all get together and try to hang me. Thats pretty much it in a nutshell
damn i can feel that pain all the way here in Ohio!when the heck can that PO change that for u?i live in a smallish rural area and have seen folks hurting like u with those on and they get them changed/loosened rather quickly!
good morning! If you can call it that. I've never been a crying or depressed person but this morning I woke up and the tears just started flowing, maybe just the pain and lack of sleep but every day I feel less and less like myself. Even my customers regulars that I see everyother day have noticed. They ask me whats wrong your not smiling. I just say I'm sorry I'm in pain, ofcourse I don't tell them from what. They probrably think it's a female thing. I don't think I can do anything about this until Tues. when I see my PO and can show him what it's doing to me. He can only maybe reccomend it be removed but then I have to walk to the other probation place to see the guy that put it on and see what he says. Most likely it will still come down to having the judge make the call. I sometimes think maybr going back to jail wouldn't be so bad..it's horrible but at least I wasn't in pain physical anyway. I don't know I am just putting my trust in God that he'll get me thru this and I will end up with this off. If thats the case the pain will have been worth it. My ankle already has what looks like a rug burn on it and the skin is numb and indented where the thing lies on my inner ankle bone, ankles swollen too. I'm sure being on my feet all day has a lot to do with it. If I was a secretary at a desk this would probrably be different, Got to wk today tomorrow and sunday, will find out my days of Sunday. I know I will have tuesday off because I told them I have a standing appt every tues. They don't know why, atleast I don't think so. I am not ashamed that I am on probation I know what I did and its part of it but I don't go around announcing it. A good friend of mine came by wk yesterday to see me, someone I met in jail, she had a dui as well but hers was pill related, now they want her to put one of those interlock systems on her car that she has to blow into in order for the car to start. She said that's absurd I wasn't drinking my dui was for pills, she owns a landscaping co. and is in and out of her vehicle all day long. You only get so many blows into the device a day, and it is also outrageously expensive and must be calibrated every month. I believe we have a bunch of YAHOO's running this county or state for that matter maybe even country.
in this county they change the ankle monitor..loosen it up....and ur friend should be doing random pee tests not have an interlock device on her steering wheell..that is really stupid!u been in my prayers girl!
Good Morning Girls.  You know Bandida you are absolutely right about the county, stateand country being run by a bunch of yahoo's!  Unreal!  Why can't they just have you pee every other day and check you that way?   Can't you call you PO today and complain about the pain?  I feel so bad for you.  Hang in there.  I think when you get through this you will have a great life.  
Ibizan, the tea sounds interesting.  Right now the coffee tastes pretty good.  It is 5 till 7 here.  I got up about an hour ago.  Shiner is better but still oh so bad.  Gee whiz!  Hope the sun shines so i don't feel like such a nut in my big sunglasses when i go to town today.  Cause even with makeup it shows.  But, like i said it gives me insentive not to be that stupid again.   Plus, gee it feels good to feel good.  Bandida, subway is our fav.
Wish i could pop in and order one and give you a hug.  Hang in there.  You are in my prayers, you for your Mom too Ibizan.  Hugs girls, Tonya
Yeah I could probrably call him and he would say to come down there which I can't do cause I have to work...and besides the COUNTY YAHOO run transit that picks you up at your house requires 24hr notice to pick you up and thats whenever they get here. I'll see him on Tues. You know if thry were smart and thought about this they would realize that this is a perfect reason why someone such as myself would turn to painkillers and get hooked. I would not do that but someone else might. If you came to my subway you would get the greatest sub you've ever had with a HUGE smile even thru the pain. And keep in mind BIG subglasses are really in style now rain or shine.....Pretend your a star and do your thing!
I hear you on the pain pill deal.  my original addiction was food, had gastric by pass, life was great lost 150 lbs.  Had to have 2 more sugery's and then had some arthritis pain well, yeppers i was hooked on hydrocodone then, went through the suboxone program and made it and in no time instead of being able to have a glass or two of wine with friends i wanted a bottle or 2.  So i have traded one addiction for another and then another.  Therapy is helping.   Like i said, we have lots of junk in the back of our minds that we just haul around with us.  I could go for one of your subs, or a half anyway and some warm sunshine.  Cold and rainy here this morning.  do you think the shades will still work? haha   Tonya
You go GIRL put those shades on and cruise into town! Hey if I can wear this box on my ankle and get looks then you can wear the shades. It's nobodys bussiness! To bad we can't go to town together...what a pair we'd make me with this s--- on my ankle and you with your shades....Think anybody would notice?lolololololol...............
How old are you?   I am old, but young at heart. haha  Hey, i would make you wear shades too!   I will just be so happy to be able to turn our furnace off!  burrrrrrrr
It may get to 60 today. YAY
I'll be 49 next month but still feel act and think very young 16 18 maybe. I don't like the cold either I'm originally from Vermont but moved to Puerto Rico when I was 6 and have lived in warm climates all my life, Florida mostly but also Texas and I know this will sound strange but also Karachi Pakistan......went to High School there an american school, my Dad was a pilot for Marathon Oil Company this was back 74 thru 77,lived on a sailboat in Key West with my ex for 14 years, he still lives on it and my son was born on the 1st sailboat we had. Had a Mid-wife it was planned and we were at the dock then. Yes I have had an interesting life.....most people don't believe me when I talk about my life they think it's so bizarre!!!! I guess Terry (thats me) never does anything quite ordinary! Always to the max!
coffee in morn..iced tea aftnoon.....iced coffee works 2!mom back in hospital...will go c her 2 morrow.....was having a conversation with my bro sat....told him now this 4 me not pertaining to my mom that i felt jack kevorkian helped some miserable ppl stop sufferring..would never apply this 2 my mom...and that i b-lieved in my own personal right to end my sufferring if it came down to that.my sis went off on me telling me to never mention that again....would never mention that around my mom...we in this society are kinder to our animal companions when they suffer...a loaded topic indeed but i am not loaded today!!!sigh!
Sounds like a very exciting life!  Wow.  I feel more like 30, even though i am 57.
We were in New England a couple of falls back and loved Vermont.  We did a fall foliage tour and it was great.  You were very brave to give birth on a boat, but at least you were docked!   We lived in texas for 11 years, from Dallas to San antonio.
My hubby is from Oregon and that is why we came home 25 years ago. Our town is 20,000 people and we can be anywhere in 15 min. tops.  So love that.  Eugene is for big shopping and that is an hour away, so that is good too.  Hope you aren't in too much pain till tuesday.  And then hope they get that thing off of you.  Tonya
My honey just came home on his way back to the office he took pics of my ankles to show the difference and of the boo boo's. Got to document this just in case it's needed. I'll just hobble along till Tues. talk at ya later Terry
mornin ladies, hot and humid already here in port saint loony. Long painful day yesterday,was afraid to take my sock off last night and look at my ankle ooooh it's bad. Tom (my fiance) took more pictures it looks like raw meat! Can't wait till Tues. I'm supposed to pay $84 to them to have it on, at this point I'll pay them that 2xs over to take it off. Got my sched. and wk today tomorrow and Mon. then 2 days off, hoprfully this beast will be off and I can put some soothing neds on it and get it back to normal that's what I'm praying for.
Good morning to you, well i don't guess it is too good with the shape your ankle is in.
That sounds criminal to me!   I don't know how you are gonna work 3 more days in the pain you are in.  I am concerned that infection might set in.   It would be called inhumane if this was done to an animal.  Can you go to the urgent care or E R?  
I just can't see you going 3 more days.  Praying for you Hon.   Tonya
Said the same thing to Tom myself lastnight about animal cruelty! This is Human cruelty! I could go to ER or urgent care they would most likely remove it then I would definitly be in violation plus they would probrably want to clean it with something that would set it off anyway. Gonna have to stick it out till at least Monday at which time I am going to call myPO and my attorney. My attorney put a motion in for me about 3 wks ago to argue it being put on due to financial reason and it was denied. It was not the original judge..he stepped off the bench the day of my sentencing. It the judge who took his place and apparently he does't give a s.... But going to ask my atty what I should do. My PO already told me if I can't pay that it would take maybe 2 weeks for a warrant to go thru and he would let me know so I could turn myself in thus avoiding any embarassment at work. He also told me even if I had to go to jail for a night that at the bond hearing he would recommend that I be released on my own recognisence ROR. , so I don't lose my job. I am sure he will be shocked to see the damage to my ankle! Somebodys got to help me I can't live like this. I haven't had a drink since March 12,2007 when I got my dui I'm as sober as a judge hahaha they just don't get caught! I would rather take the bus down to see my PO everyday for a spit or P test than have this on. I would buy a case of either at my expense it would probrably be cheaper. Going to church tomorrow, that always helps me to feel better about things. I go to a grat christian church with a great pastor lots of uplifting music and just great people, I always get something out of the service that applies to my and Toms life. In the meantime I just pray that God has a plan for me and will get me thru this I have great faith.
I am so glad you have your faith in God.  That will bring you through this.  I can hardly wait for Monday to get here for you.  Hopefully that thing will come off for good.  Call your attorney bright and early on Monday.  It might even be better if you could get a ride and show up at his office.  
No drink since March 12!  That is great.  I will be so glad when i can have a few months behind me.  It sure feels good to be sober. Of course you will be able to say that once that ankle bracelet comes off!  And your ankle heals.
Yes, tell them you will pee daily for them, whatever it takes.   Hang in there. My prayers are with you.  Tonya
Am almost considering calling the duty officer and seeing if he can reach my PO to let him know what's going on. Not sure if I will yet. Tom says he hopes I can make it till Tues. when I see the PO say's in this case worse might be better, theres no doubt in my mind it will look worse the question is can I take the torture. What do ya think?
I say make the call!  It is too much suffering for you to go through till Tues. or even Monday.  Call someone please.
I'll keep you posted. Thanx for your frienship and advice they are very comforting to me.
sober as a judge?oh thats funny cuz i know quite a few that can suck it down BIGTIME....went to meetings years ago with one and  i work with one now  who is relapsed and drinks around the folks who come in front of him which is BS!i wouldn't wait for next week,call duty officer ASAP and see what u can do about getting that thing removed b4 u really get into some problems with infection!tjack-toasted u again 2 day....Venti size shaken lemondade iced tea!:)
I didn't get to town today, so i will have to toast you tomorrow and i will take the plunge and get the lemonade one. woohoo.   I hope Bandida called someone before she went to work.  What that thing is doing to her ankle should be criminal!  
Did you make it over to see your Mom today?  I hope if you did you found her in a better frame of mind.  Thinking of you. Tonya
just logged on for a bit b4 i hit the sack,pretty pooped out and ankles still hurting. Tom took more photos when I got home I am making sure this is all documented for the judge if I should need it. I guess my main question on monday for my attorney is "What are my rights?" Who knows maybe he'll want to sue. To be honest I am so tired of the judicial system that I could throw up. I just want this thing off fair and square with no more problems. I can make it till Monday, lots of ibuprofen for pain and swelling. One of the pics we took was of both feet so you can see the difference. The photos are important bcuz if they take this off and I have to to court it may be a while and hopefully it will be healed I need more than my word or Tom as a witness. Anyway thanks for your concern I will catch up with you 2 in the morn. Thx TJack for the hug and invite for your friendship I accepted ofcourse a nice note after a rough day and I send a hug back to you. catch you both manana Goodnite, Terry.
wow monday will feel like a long way away.my mom-tiny,sad,tired...fluid drained from legs and now they want to do area round her heart.fired her doc thank god and got another who specializes in geriatric cardiology.Sure wish we coulda had him 6 years ago.He says she is having a toxicity problem with Digoxin so off that she was weaned.I took her the last of the peonies blooming in the front yard..she liked that.she slept a lot and tried to stay awake to see what Hillary was doing on CNN.We laughed bout her trying to sneak wheat germ in2 us by baking muffins with it and hoping we wouldn't notice it under a tad of butter!this is all so 1 day atta time....my one sis said she had a big glass of wine the other nite...and she's not a drinker..i told her to have a big one for me cuz i can't!:)
Ibi,   Sounds like a better day for your Mom than last Sat.  I am glad to hear that and i love it when i hear of drs. being fired.  My friend did that up here on the psych ward one time when her daughter was there (OCD).  She went off on that shrink like nobody's business, he was blatantly uncaring and said he didn't have time to wait on her to get back to her room.  That poor girl was suffering and coudn't move.  After Jan got through telling him what she thought she said and you are fired!  
So, i hope your Mom will do much better now.  Of those meds and new doc.  I bet she loved the peonies.  They are a beautiful flower.  Yes one day at a time, you are so right but that goes for all of us.  Wish i could have that glass with your Sis.haha   I have to tell you this Campral is really working for me.  I am so glad.
Now Bandida, hang on> Monday is a comin!  Smart of you and Tom to take the photo's and  I can hardly wait to hear that torture device is removed!  This is America, we can't  even torture terrorists, i don't think?   Hey girls do you think we need to start a new post, as this one is getting pretty long?  I am kind of new to all of this, Ibizan what do you think?  Have a great Sunday girls.  Hugs, Tonya
Church was great! I'll be quick cuz gotta get ready for wk,start at 2. Basically we have to look at God as the reighning conquerer of ALL conflict.Pastor explained as a baseball diamond, God being Home 1st base Perseverance2nd Character/Experience,3rd Hope. So we all have to step up to bat and run the bases and we never strike out because God isn't counting our strikes just our home runs. Also Hebrews 10:36. If you want to get your hands on a great bible for people with addiction check into The Life Recovery Bible it is great and interprets things in the bible in such a way that us addicts can apply to ourselves. Praying for your Mom and thinking of mine, God bless them both, and God bless the both of you. Will log on when I get home. Going to get Tom to help me upload some photos I'm still not real swift at this puter stuff. catch ya later ladies. TERRY P.S will be here about 15 more mins then I'm out the door.
okay girl.   Don't work too hard.  Sounds like an uplifting lesson at church this morning. Good for you, that will help carry you through.
We usually go to the 9 a.m. service but did not make it today.
Looking forward to some pics.  later.   Tonya
new post?lets make this one 60ft. long!we just want to see my mom have some comfort...hoping that can b acheived!thank u both for th thoughts and the words of wisdom in this cycle of life!
okay girlfriend> 60 feet it will be. ha ha   I am hoping that your Mom will get the right care and have comfort.  That should be very do-able.  
No post from Bandida, hopefully she is at her attorney's office or seeing her P O, getting that device off.  There has got to be a painfree way to check her, like peeing daily or using a breathalizer daily.  something.
Cloudy this morning.  But, it cleared off yesterday and was absolutely beautiful.  I sat out in the sun soaking up some rays and vit. D.  
Just uploaded some pic's, was to pooped out and hurting last nite to concentrate on posting. Now my calf is puffy. Thank God it was slow last nite I work by myself and am usually scurring around like a cockroach on speed .....If I had a chair I would have sat down. Anyway getting ready to make some calls right now. I'll stay logged on till I leave for wk around 1:30, catch ya in a bit. Oh the photo w/son, I dyed my hair black that year and the red (ick) was the inbetween stage to get back to my blond!
Any luck yet?  Don't give up. T
well it looks like some relief is in sight for u on this...and tjack that guy who posted buttsomething with the ugly bloodied caveman pic got deleted by medhelp..it was a hoax..tried to respond 2 u on that but couldn't due to the deletion...so glad that Campral is workin 4 ya!
Made my call atty's office said to go down to the place that put in on and see what happens...I knew that was coming. Called my PO with this wks sched. and told him how bad it is he asked if I wanted to go to have it adjusted today I told him can't got to wk. Told him I'd see hom tomorrow and that he was not going to be lieve how bad it is. Guess all will have to see to believe. I have a stinkin feeling that they are going to want to put it on the other leg, if they do it better be the scram 2 which is smaller. I'll try it if I have to but if it starts doing the same thing oh boy all H--- is going to break loose. I in the midst of penning a letter to the judge to have ready to send to him directly with the pictures Tom's been taking, might be the only solution to getting heard and believed. The judge owes me at least a time frame of how long this is supposed to be on as it stands now my PO says it's for the duration, which is 4yrs. total. Absurd!!!!!! Collecting a lot of info from different sources since GEE all I have is TIME! Did ya catch the pic's? TJack saw yours this a.m. you look happy!
i've NEVER seen anyone in our county wear an ankle monitor for 4 years..and i've been at this agency 23 years!horsepoop!pics r a good idea dear..have boifriend keep taking them!doctors visti might no hurt either if ya can afford it!
Well, i will say one thing for you, YOU ARE a GREAT employee!  Who else would go to work in the shape you are in?  Okay, one more day.  I pray they don't put it or another   one on your other ankle. Bless your heart.   Mail the pics. to the judge and show everyone else you can show.   Keep us posted!
Well, i toasted you with that lemonade tea shaken at starbucks.   I am afraid it is not my cup of tea ha  But, i gave it to hubby and he liked it a bunch.   I will just have to stay with the shaken green tea.  I like tea and lemonade, just not together i guess. Tonya
whew finally home glad the wk days over and I have 2 days to recoup. My PO came by wk today,I had spoken w/him in the a.m. to let him know my sched 4 the wk and to tell him about my ankle. I asked tp talk to him for a min. and my girlfriend took over 4 me. Pulled my oant leg up and he cringed he was definitly shocked, i don't think he expected it to be so bad. Told him I was taking iuprofen every 21/2 hrs just to take the edge off, He said He was suprised I was even walking,told him it was'nt easy. He told me to go to the other Prob. office place that put it on and show it to them. When I got it put on the guy said that some people just can't wear them...I believe I'm one of them. Also showed PO my other leg so he could see the difference and told him I have chicken legs and don't have enough meat on them bones...he laughed! He is a decent person just doing his job. So thats my plan 4 tomorrow hopefully the things coming off...I'm praying. I also want to tell them I need to have a doc look at it so they should not leave it on or put another one on. THEY need to come to some agreement here and not at my expense either! Moneywise or physically! Why would you continue to wear or put on a pair of shoes that you know gives you blisters? I wouldn't I'd get rid of them! Same difference here. So anyhow gals I'll keep U's informed. Terry
Thank goodness tomorrow will be here and you will get that thing off.  There is no way they cannot take it off and medically treat your ankle. I can hardly wait to hear how it all comes down.  Hope you are there early when they open. Post as soon as you can.  I will be anxious to hear.  God Bless. Praying for a blessing for you.  Tonya
well now hub has found a drink he likes!!!and b-girl thank god the end is in sight for ur chewed up ankle!they should pay ur medical xpenses..but don't hold ur breath!
Mornin, 5:53 here, woke up about 20 mins ago, can't sleep for the throbbing. Took some ibuprofen and fed the kitttys,gonna make some coffee meditate and pray quietly for strength to get me thru what ever today is going to bring. I'll be back. Terry
good strong coffee,meditation and the purring of cats always helps 2 soothe my savage soul!:)
Yeah and my cats are two real characters, so opposite. Tom just got here to take me to see my torturers,,,,,lol I'll post later when I get back. Terry
We will be waiting to hear.  Praying for the best outcome.  No Bracelet!    Tonya
Well...............Here we go again! Just as I figured, they switched legs. Oh but it felt so good to get that sucker off!!!!! The Case Mngr. was shocked and he said call him tomorrow if it seems like it is going to bother me, well he could see the marks already before I even left so I guess he does not hold up much hope that this side will be any different. Next step- go back down there tomorrow and let them put on the Scram ll which is 1 sided, but he said that one most likely won't be any better. So what it boils down to is that I just have to go thru the channels and motions to satisfie everybody. They can't do much cuz it's court ordered. I already paid for this week so I'll go ahead and get it switched to ll and in the meantime write my letter to the judge. Saw my PO afterwards, he seems to think it's to loose. Why can't anyone get it thru their thick heads that I'm just to skinny ankled!!! Case mngr called me and said he spoke to Colorado and they said put a wrist sweat band around my ankle to keep it propped up or a thick pair of Tom's socks. I say screw that this thing is just not going to cut it for me. It's already made a raw spot so they can't really put it on top of that. What a mess the hoops I'm having to jump thru. I still have faith tho that this all for a reason, just reinforcement as to why I need to remain sober...it's working believe me! I do believe in the course of things that it will be permanently removed real soon. Like I said "Just have to go thru tha channels". At least they can't say I haven't tried to comply. PO told me to have my atty file another motion...I told him my atty is pretty much over my case, after all it's been well over a year 1yr. 3mnths to be exact, and my Dad is the one that paid him so it's not like he's making any $$$$ in helping me. Dads not going to pay anymore either nor do I expect him to, he's on a fixed income. I believe I will get better results just writng and appealing to the judge personnaly with the pictures included. And also make him aware that I'm willing to try alternate ways of monitoring that are not physically harmful. I'll keep on doing what I have to do till everones happy. Might work to my benefit anyway..the bigger pest I am the more they'll want to get rid of me. I start my DUI scholl this Sat. (1 other condition of prob.) After I finish that then I am pretty much done with all except the $$ part of things. Judge turned my fine into a civil lien so I can ignore that 4 a while till I need a loan or something....they could be waiting a long time to get paid as I see things. PO also said he could work on getting his supervision fee's waived. If I can do all that then I'll be sitting pretty for a while until maybe next march when I can possibly ask for early termination of house arrest and just make it straight probation. Hmmmm...Time will tell, as we say one day at a time. Terry
Well, at least they know the shape you are in and that ankle can heal now.  Did they even recommend you seeing a dr.?  It sounds like they put the same gadget on your other ankle, duh!  Do they not realize it will do the same thing?  They should have tried that smaller one, at least.  Oh hon, i am sorry it didn't go as i had hoped. But, it will all be okay.   Just taking a little longer than wanted.  Stay off your feet as much as you can on your days off and keep posting. Another thing, how could it even work if you had a sock or wrist band under it.  It wouldn't be sensing your skin?  Hang in there and update anything new. Tonya
He took the same one I had on and put it on the other leg. He sort of cleaned it with something b4 he switched. He pretty much is expecting a call from me tomorrow to change to the smaller one. It's really the same one only the monitor is on the outside.of the leg.I'm already getting rub marks so I know I'll be switching again. I really don't see any solution to this abrasion problem. The sock and wrist band he means for it to go below the bracelet to support it up off my ankle, I'm tryng it but I can tell you right now it's not wking. At least he does not want me to let it get as bad as the other. That one is still swollen and puffy but at least I was able to clean it real well w/peroxide and put triple antiB creme on it. It will take a while to get better. Come HELL or HIGH WATER I'll get my way I promise. I'm a real fighter that's thr Leo in me!!!!! ROAR Terry
Just don't wait till it gets in as bad a shape as the other one.   Maybe beat it back over there tomorrow.  Gee whiz they are rough down there in Florida on this stuff.  I know you will make it.  Remember the sqeaky wheel gets the grease and all that good stuff.
And try meowing at them instead of roaring. haha  Get that letter off to the judge too ASAP.  I am off to Portland tomorrow.  Dental work at the office my daughter manages.
two of these temporary's have fallen off and i look a mess and my teeth feel awful.  She says oh these veneers will be so worth it Mom.   I am getting a HUGE discount because she is the manager so that's the only reason i am doing it.  Keep me posted.
Tonya
Ok I'll purr and mew and bring my can of WD40 hows that? hahahaha!Good luck to you tomorrow I'm sure you will look beautimus!!!Catch ya later, Terry.
Good morning girls.  Just checking in to see if there's any news.   Heading north for new choppers (veneers) in about an hour.  So, coffee, shower, road.  The only good part >besides the teeth iis my two little granddaughters are coming home with me. YAY!  
Hope you both have a good one.  Check in for any updates tonight or in the a.m. Tonya
Hope everyones day went well! Me...well let's see what chapter am I on now...Today just as I expected, bracelet ll sleeker modern sexier...hahaha was put on the ankle they switched to yesterday. That 1 already had boo-boos from the switch yesterday but they put it on anyway. At least I know this is the last step. I walked out of there and told Tom it's not going to work, I could already feel it rubbing on the raw spots. Mind you I haven't even wkd a full shift yet! I go bk tomorrow so I'll suffer let it rub and go bk and show them and let them take it off for good. The clincher...well these 2 guys have to communicate cuz my PO is the only 1 who can make the call to take it off 4 good. Then it's up to him to figure out what 2 do. 1 good thing in my favor Tom and I figured out is that since they did not give me an amount of time that I was supposed wear it, then they can't really violate me because I DID WEAR IT! So there it is, I fulfilled my part of my sentence. So even tho it's hurting me and will hurt tomorrow, ultimately things will work out in my favor I'm sure. PO will have to deal with the judge but I will have Pic's to help him back it up if needed,plus Tom and also the guy who put it on. I don't really think there is any way they can send me back to jail. For What? I can't help if they screwed up! Talk to ya'll later. Grin and bear it Terry.
Have a great time with your grandaughters! I would give anything to see my grandbaby and hold him! I need to call my son and bug him for pic's...he hasn't even done that yet. Gonna call right now...see ya
such manure....the damn thing is chewing up ur ankle...they should give u one with faux sheepskin padding!
That will probrably be on scram lll lololol, mink for the Parises, Lindsey's and such! Don't worry I'm not I know it's coming off cuz this 1 actually hurts worse. Course it does not help that it's rubbing already existing raw spots. Guarantee you it will be off friday, I'm not going to suffer the wkend again!
Paris will have one with lil pink chihuahas on hers..old Lindsey Lohan will fall down on hers and break it while she's out partying on her house arrest...oh i'm bad and have had 2 much coffee this past 2 hours!
Well girls it is good to see y'all carried on without me.  Sorry to hear about your new bracelet Terry.  They are gonna have to take it off and figure something else out for you.
Hope it isn't any other torture treatment.
Ibizan my friends son is a bartender in Park City, Utah.  He said Lindsey hadn't been out of rehab but a day or two and she was in the bar belting them down.  This was a couple of months ago.  I hope something will click for her and she can stay sober.
Brought our girls home with us.  So, they are running around with me tomorrow in the jeep with the top off.  woohoo finally some nice warm temps here. We are going to the park and the river runs right by it.  
My veneers look so good, but i am hurting from all the shots.  But, dang the teeth look good.  How long does a black eye last?  This one has been 2 weeks and still not gone, but i have to say it is a good lesson for me to look in the mirror every morning and see it.
Thank goodness for makeup though.
okay, i will check on the latest with you two in the a.m.  I am one beat Nana and have 3 days ahead of me to entertain these two munchkins.  Terry, where does your son live?  You need some pics. of that baby.  How old is he?   Tonya  
those hollywood princesses are sad girls....enabled cuz of their $$$$$ and publicity.Always wondered how much they'd be enabled by their families and the system if they started putting a needle in their arms.....look at what robert downey jr.put his wife..now x .....thru and their child so glad to see he cleaned up...but a Judge eventually hammered him but look what he got away with he is fortunate to be alive.....in the system i say its who ya know and who ya blow!:)))oops i did it again.....is that Brittney i hear?I can hear u girls laffing and u both need it specially bandida with that shackle!!!
Mornin Ladies! Woke up this a.m. with this song in my head, maybe you've heard it, it's a christian praise song called "shackles" some of the words are "take these shackles off so I can dance, I just want to praise you". Tried to find it on puter but haven't yet. Well thats about how I feel.Not to worry I'll be dancing soon! I have faith and I claim it!!!! Tonya you have a ball w/ those girls today, you are Soooooo LUCKY! My son lives in Key West, it's close but yet far, especially since I can't go anywhere much less thru 3 counties. When I get this thing off I am going to start a fund so that I can send him $$$ for gas to come up here,also rent him a car so that I know they'll be safe coming and going.My grandson will be 4mnths old tomorrow, born Feb. 13th. I teased Bobby (my son) that the baby likes the #13 because Bobby was born Oct. 13th. He called me Mothers day and I was able to hear the baby fussin and crying a bit in the background while he was feeding him,,,It brought tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart I can't describe.I have never met or seen his girlfriend but from what he says shes one messed up little girl. Father shot mother years ago he commited suicide and her mother just recently died. Bobby tells me she is somewhat resentful of the attention he pays to Jr. Yes he named him after himself Robert James Jr. I wish I were close to be a mother-in-law and help her in any way I could. We'll see you never know good things can happen! Sorry you are hurting from your teeth- didn't I tell you you'd look beautimus...Take a picture with a big smile and post it, one with your grandbabies. How old are they? Ibizan you have a sense of humour much like mine, I can't imagine what a ruckus us 3 would create if ever got together in 1 place! It'd be hilarious!!!! Going to wk around 1:30 today as usual gonna let this shackle do it's thing and go back down there tomorrow. It seems like the sensors, or in this case sensor is making indentations on my skin in the identical pattern of the little holes and crevices of the device itself. I am a little worried that the Judge might think I was doing it to myself because of the recent motion my atty submitted, but, it's very obvious that it is caused from the piece of $%@! itself!!! Besides I'm not into inflicting pain on myself much less paying $84 a wk to do! Standing By, Terry
Found the video for that song on Yahoo music. They've played it and sang it at the church I attend. The Pastors daughter is incredible on the piano and a wonderful singer, and their whole choir is fantastic. A great melange of people attend the church black white hispanic,all kinds of great people. Great song I guess it'll be in my head all day now! Also last night Tom and I watched the movie "The bucket list", with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, WOW what a great movie, you guys should see it. It makes you think a lot about life much like the movie Crash if you've ever seen it, if not you should see that one too!
all 3 of us together.....sequel to thelma and louise!i loved that movie...hey lets go fishing to arkansas and leave darryl a note on a frozen dinner in the microwave!loved the movie Crash!
Good morning.  Mouth feels so much better this morning.  Having my coffee and getting ready for a busy day with these girls.  I will try to get a pic. and post.  I like the new name for your bracelet Bandida.  I am glad they don't have a chain and ball attached.
I did like that movie Crash and meant to see the Bucket list when it was on at the theater, so will just have to rent it.  Yep, you two are very entertaining, but fishing in Arkansas? haha  You know a year ago we were in Eureka Springs Arkansas for my niece's wedding.  It is a neat town about an hour from Branson.
Yes, the rich and spoiled.  Too bad for them,  they need some tough love.  And that kid of Hulk Hogan's does too! oh well,  that's my 2 bits for the day.   Have a good one Ibizan and Bandida, hope your shackel comes off for good soon.  Tonya
Had a pretty easy day at wk thank God. My new model is rubbing old spots and making it's own new ones. Going down tomorrow to see what is going to be done with this situation. I and Tom know it's got to come off, no ifs or buts about it. How they choose to handle it I'll just have to wait and see. If I may be so blunt as to say "One of those guys better grow a set of B--ls" and take some control here. My PO porobrably has to go to his supervisor so theres plenty of cojones to choose from. If not I'll grow my own  and set them all straight. But I'll be sweet when I do it. Honey catches more flys than vinegar right! Anyway I'm pretty pooped out so I'll catch you guys tomorrow. Hope you had a great day today, especially you TJack w/ those little munchkins of your. Don't forget to take some pic's. G'nite   Terry
Jeez!maybe they could implant a microchip?harmless to the canines....:)
Tom and I already said that to eachother, it will probrably become the next technologie for alcohol detection and house arrests instead of the GPS's and this thing. How is it they can make cell phones smaller than these, they should be able to make them to look like a normal watch and to be worn on your wrist. Makin my calls this a.m to see how things are going to proceed. Gotta wk at 2 so have to move on it. Tom's got to go to wk 2 so I have to wk around his sched.
Well I'm 1 step closer to getting this thing off. Called the guy who put it on he told me call my PO, they tlkd my PO called me bk said the guy is faxing him a letter to the effect that I am not a candidate for the bracelet DUH! And in turn PO is going to take it to the courthouse to the judge to see if he'll sign it(he better) at least both guys have seen the damage and I told PO that I have pictures if the judge needs to see them, PO said don't worry I've seen you leg it's pretty bad. So don't know how soon this will happen maybe not today, which means I have to suffer thru the wknd.Owwwww! But as long as the end result is that it comes off I'll bear it. Keeping my fingers crossed! I can't see a judge disbelieving 2 correctional probation officers. I'll keep ya's posted.
Good morning to my East coast friends, well sort of Ibi?  Ohio is in that direction anyway.  Another beautiful day here in the northwest.  Took the girls down the street to my friends who has a solar heated pool yesterday afternoon. They had a ball with her grandkids.
I had my therapy session yesterday.  She says i am doing great.  I am trying my best for sure.  Feel good and don't want to drink.  
Yes, i agree on the chip and also why can't they make an attractive little bracelet for your wrist or something?  We can send a man to the moon> oops that' s another story.
Almost 8 here.  The wild comanches are still sleeping, also their Poppy is too. I always enjoy a little quiet time when i get up and my java of course.
Take care and post any news.  Tonya
I put on a couple of pics. of our girls on my page.  Tonya
good news all around 4 u 2 gals.....heated solar pool sounds good....i'd want a big awning over it....i'm very fair skinned and burn don't get out in the hot sun much unless under a big umbrella!
I hear you on that.  i have to watch it, as i have had two melanoma's.  I was sitting in the shade while they swam.  If i am out in it i have sunscreen on.  Years ago we didn't know we weren't suppose to babyoil up and fry our bodies? dang!  
Mornin Girls! Well it's off to school for me this a.m, DUI schools that is. It's the last thing I have to do aside from the straight house arrest and probation. Hopefully no more $$$$ has to be put out. As far as the thingamajig, it's still on, hopefully Monday it will be removed-pray-pray-pray for me! The guy who put it on tlkd to my PO and told my PO he was writing a leter to the court and faxing it over to him. On top of that he followed thru by having his supervisor call PO's supervisor to make him aware of the gravity off this situation, and the papers are supposedly being walked thru right to the Judge, we'll see. But being as yesterday was friday the justice wheels turn real slowly so I have to suffer thru another wknd. It will be worth it if this thing comes off on Mon. The letter included that I was not a good candidate due to medical reasons and the Base in Colorado that monitors this also agreed that some people just can not wear it. That would be me Little Miss Chicken Legs! Anyways gotta go to wk right from school so I'll catch up with ya's later tonight. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY! IT"S JUST 1 MORE DAY IN A SOBER LIFE, ENJOY IT!!!!!!
Hey back at ya.  You are so right.  another sober day>halelujah
It feels good.  Be glad for you when Monday gets here and you
lose your shackle for good. School today> how many of those do
you need to attend?  You will be through with all of it soon, i hope. I think the letter ought to do it for the bracelet.
Ibizan, have you gone to visit your Mom?  I hope you found her doing
better.  How are all the pooches doing?  I forget how many you said you have?  Another beautiful day in Oregon. woohoo  Off in the jeep my girlies and I will go.  They love it with the top down.
Hang in there and i will too.  Hugs, Tonya
lil miss chicken legs...LMAO!well there is light at the end of the tunnel!yes i went to see my mom....out of hospital..had a bad nite last nite and said God shoulda took her vs.Tim the CNN man...she was very cranky today which was good...showing spunk and waiting for a portable oxygen unit so we can go 2 activities 2 gether..bingo,Wordgames,music trivia....many of the staff at her facility love her and take very good care of her...i thank them profusely..such hard work!Went to Starbucks and had the worse shaken iced tea lemonade...warm tea..not shaken melted ice...came back here and had another made the right way!I have 2 greyhounds and 3 cats.....,such good companions...MissChicken Legs lives in greyhound racing central down there....i could live in a greyhound commune.....such wondrous dogs!:)
You are so sweet and funny!  Glad to hear your Mom was spunky.  That is a good sign.  You should have tasted that tea lemonade and said nope wont' work, do another.  Probably somebody new.  My girls are now at their other Grandmas, which is good because Poppy and I are worn out. ha ha  lots of fun though.
Your pooches and kitty's are sweet i know.  We want another dog, but we go alot so we are waiting till we are home more.  I enjoy your posts  so much.  Have a great night and day tomorrow.  Hugs, tonya
Puck Puck Lil Miss Chicken Legs here finally gt home about 1/2 hr. ago Long Day! Clas was OK, 3 more to go. Nice bunch of people, knew two of the other females in the class from jail, there were only 3 of us. Nobody putting on any airs or pretenses just facing up to the mistakes we made. The instructor was actually the guy who did my evaluation, very nice easy going and made the class interesting instead of just clinical. Ankles still hurting but I believe I am 1 day closer to unshackle day. Ibuprofen makes it somewhat bearable and it was slow tonight. Ibizan do you take your Mom on outings? Is that what the O2 is for. Bet she likes to get out and about w/u. My Mom was on a portable shortly befor she passed. I remember we made the lst thanksgiving dinner together for our family and she was able to do it thnx to it. Anyhow not much more to report, gotta wk tomorrow, going to church in the a.m. so I'll check with u2 tomorrow. Have a great night! Get some rest NaNa they'll be back! You lucky stiff!!! G-nite! God Bless Terry
had a 15% coupon...ended up being 1.71 with member discount...first girl screwed up the size they got the size right then i tasted it was thirsty and downed it..shoulda swapped it next time i will!we do not take mom out of facility...she said she no longer feels comfortable being out with the regular world....all the noise scares her..she has dementia and it has progressed....sometimes all the noise and fastness of this society gets 2 me as well!this life is so much one day atta time....with everything!u gals have a good weekend!
Hi Girls! Waiting till after 10 a.m to tlk to my PO. Got to let him know I'm wking today and ofcourse to find out what's going on with this torture device. By the end of the wk nite my ankle is so swollen and it feels like a heart is beating painfully in it!!! Will keep U posted. Say Hi to Bob 185= he's having a tough time these days. Terry.(lil Ms. chicken legs) lol.
Good Morning Girls.  Hope you get some good news today and rid yourself of the shackle Terry.  Ibizan, how goes it with you girlie?  still nice and warm in the northwest.
Maybe we have finally made the turn toward summer. yippee
Off to get nails this morning and lunch with the gal who helped me through the adapt program when i was on suboxone study.  She's a doll. I'd like to adopt her, same age as my daughter and just as sweet.
Yes, i had a note from Bob this morning and wrote him back.  I hope and pray he can turn it around with God's help and get out of the misery he is stuck in.  I feel for him.
I feel for your poor little chicken leg too Terry.
Let us know what the PO says?  Tonya
cool wave here....high 60's...NICE can turn off ac and get some fresh air..its Monday in the hood....Bob creates his own misery....only he can repair himself.....hope chickipoos legs are healing up!:)
Well, is the shackle still with you?  I Hope that will be a NO.  Anxious to hear.
Good for you and a cool wave Ibi, i am so happy to say we are holding in the 70s here.
Not much humididty out here either so even the 80s is not bad.  Just having some sun is a big plus for all of us web footed people. ha  Yes, i know Bob has to dig himself out of this place he is in, but i do want to encourage him.  I know you deal with this stuff on a daily basis so you know your stuff and he needs to hear the facts as well as be encouraged to get with it.  I am off to AA in the morning.  Meeting with my sponsor 45 min. before the meeting to go over my homework.  What are my thoughts on the opinion of the Dr. in the BOOK?  Now, this is deep.  I have been working on it though.
Will check in tomorrow.  Tonya
Yes the shackle is still with me! I'm going insane!!!!! Got my weekly appt. with my PO this a.m. We'll see what happens. Maybe I need to park myself outside the Judges chambers. Why do they call it a chambers anyway? Maybe we can fit him with one of these then it will become a torture chamber! Hopefully todays the day. Got my 2nd DUI school class tonight. Will keep ya's posted. Everyone make it a great day!!! Terry.
When you see this guy< PO or whomever, hobble in as best you can.  Can't hurt your case.  I have AA this morning.  Got about 4 hours of sleep last night.  Not good.  Several other things to get done while i am out and about.  No doubt I will be wanting a nap as soon as i get home.  I hate it when that happens.  
Have a great sober day girlies.  Cya on here later. Tonya
cooler here which is good...as for Bob he has received many good suggestions and advice i've never seen him post that he's followed up on any of it....self pity and anger r 2 of the alcoholics/addicts greatest enemies that can cause tons of misery..if we let it!i'll always encourage ppl..but there is so much personal work that we have to do ourselves and don't we know it!have a good day u girly girls!!!!:)))))
Yes, i know he has received lots of good suggestions.  I wish he would take them to heart and try to help himself get out of this hole he has dug himself into.  If he could just get a revelation that hey this can get better.   there is life after this and the ex.
Had my shaken green tea today>> I get the big one with no water and 3 splenda , yummy, it hits the spot.  I know this is my new addiction.  I also drink arizona diet decaf green tea all day long.  No hangovers from this stuff which is the best thing about it.ha ha  Okay chicken legs, are you still packing your bracelet around?  update when you can.  I know you have your class tonight.  I will check in manana.  Tonya
had a shaken green tea lemonade today....soo good and buy Arizona diet green tea by the gallon!greyt minds do think/drink alike!:)
I bought 6 gallons of the stuff today.  I go through about a gallon a day.  I hope it is good for us?  Got to be, doesn't it?  Yep, we are brilliant I do believe : ) chuckle~
yikes i do the same thing...CVS special 2 for $5...very good in this weather!also like the glaceau water with vitamins..tad pricey but i spent more on bacardis and Beefeaters in the day!:)
What's with these shaken tea concoction you guys are enjoying? Let me in on it. I like the Lipton Diet White tea w/citrus. What can I make w/that? As far as torture device....still on PO said if he doesn't hear anything by Friday he'll do whatever.... I am not going to wait that long. Had to pay another $84 buckeroos yest. just to show I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Boy it really burns my u/know what to pay for my own pain. Unbelievable!!!! Going to call the Judges office today and see 4 myself what's going on and to volunteer to go up there and show him or even his legal asst. exactly how bad this is. The letter they received can in no way convey the severity of this. Not been feeling good the past few days. Fever, feeling cold when everyone else is hot. Don't know if it's a bug or perhaps this thing has given me an infection in my body. Some thing is wrong w/Toms camera and we can't download the pic's but there in the camera so they can see that too. I'm at my wits end and don't want to wait any longer, all I need is a signature. Next step if necessary is to ER clinic and let Doctor see and cut if off. Then I know they'll try and get me to pay for damage to the unit. You don't want me to write what I say about that!!!Use ur imagination! Anyway I'll post after my phone calls and let ya's know K.....Terry puck puck legs lololol
that thang has probably given u an infection...and the shaken iced tea lemonade is 2 b had at Starbucks!
Morning back there in the East girlies.  You do sound at your wits end Terry and I think Ibi is right on, you probably have an infection from the torture device.  I think you should go to E R and let them call the judge or whoever and tell them it Has to come off.  Having to pay for your own misery is double bad.
Ibizan likes the green shaken tea/lemonade.  I like it just straight, no water.  You will  have to getcha one and celebrate when you know what is no longer on. Hang in there and get to a doc.  
Hey, Ibi i am paying 2 for $6.  Best deal i can find out here.  I take so many vitamins i don't need anymore so i will leave the glacier water with vits alone.  Have the best day you can girls.   Tonya
As the shackle turns.....I'll try to make this short. Called the judges off. tlked to his gargoyle, I say that because she told me they were doing me a favor by letting me wear this, and would I rather go back to the county jail. Nice huh? I said no but I did not think they knew the seriousness of the problem. She said  have your attorney file an emergency hearing. I said wouldn't it be easier if you or the judge could see 4 yrslf. No can't do that. She was cold as ice and quite the b----! So I went to the DR., good thing cuz I have cellulitis. knew anything with itis on it is an inflamation (inflammation) but did not know how serious until I got home and looked it up. Good thing I caught in time I hope or it could be a trip to hospital w/IV antibiotics. Doctor wrote a note on his scrip pad that said scram brace ~~~causing cellulitis~~~~ not caused. Thats important. So called my attys secretary and am faxing her the note and my PO is faxing her the letter that was written and brought to the judge personally. Even my PO said this lady was a B----- when he went there. So thats where its at now, Oh my atty's sec. is going to look up whatever she can on cellulitis and how it can be life threatening(true) and send that along with the motion. Perhaps I'll have to be there. My pleasure!!!! Let's see the big man on the bench get out of this one. Hey I can always call the news station and go public! Don't think for a minute that once I get this off I'm not going to pursue some legal ramnifications of my own. Let's not forget I have plenty of time to research and plot some motions of my own. Anyways I'm taking Keflex. I have not been feeling to well the last 2 days and now I know why. I've been freezing when everyone else is hot, and last night I woke in the wee hours of the morning with my pillow wet with sweat and it was dripping down my back. Fever (which I had) chills, fatigue,aches and just general malaise are all symptons of this itis. I'm off tomorrow thank God. 3rd Dui class. Instructor used to be a cop and knows alot about dui and the laws told our class he has never seen a group of people get slammed so hard on sentencing as ours. At least I'm not alone but I do happen to be the most extreme. That's just me I guess. Just want this dang thing off!!!! I'll blow everyday instead, pee everyday- whatever just not this monster!!! Kind of tired and feeling poopy so going to hit the hay and pray, it soothes me to sleep. I'll catch up w/yas manana girls sleep with the angels and God bless. Terry.
Bless your heart.  I knew you needed to see a dr.  Thank goodness you did.  Sounds like the judge and his cronies have ice water running in their veins.  I am going to look up what you have (cellulitis) but wanted to let you know i read your post and i too am glad you have tomorrow off.  What misery you must be in.  I am so sorry Terry.  Hang in there Hon.  This has got to be over soon.  Sending prayers up for you. Hugs, Tonya
Good God!what poop!if tjack and i were there we would bring u a tray of shaken iced tea lemonades.....could u bring a civil suit against theis court for ur cellulitis?prayers for u girl!Mega prayers!
geez ibi you're as bad as I am up this early! I posred 5 hours ago. Couldn't sleep, just can't get comfortable and my ankle feels like it has a heartbeat of it's own. Will find out later about any suits that can be filed. Gotta get this off 1st. People have sued and won against the State of Florida before. Like I said I have plenty of time to pursue. I'll be on and off all day. Not going anywhere till I go to class t'nite. Standing by, Terry
i have three alarm clocks that awaken me early...my bladder and 2 big greyhound noses in my face wanting 2 pee as well!and i have this routine in the morning i go thru to center myself b4 i come in here to the parade of alcoholics,heroin addicts,crack addicts and parolees on a hourly basis!yes u get urself healed up there girl....such bs in this world we wade thru..it is never ending...ur developing sobriety skills to wade thru it!sigh!
Sounds like a busy day! You must learn so much about human behaviour, but I guess like any job it gets tiresome. Yes I definitly am reinforcing my sobriety with all this,however I could do without the physical pain. One thing I really admire about you is that you are straight and up-front, thats good! People should not get there feelings hurt just becuz someone tells it like it is. And thats a lot of people, including some on here. The truth hurts but then we move on and thats where all need to get to. It's so attainable...sobriety that is. Have a wonderful day. trying to get the fax mach. to wk, it's fighting me too!!!lol Terry
Good Morning Girls.   How is the ankle today Terry?  I looked up what you have and just as i thought, bacterial infection.  So i am guessing you are on an anti biotic.
surely someone will come to their senses  today and take it off of you!  
Another beautiful day here.  Boy oh boy we are loving it and the rust we all have from 6 months of rain is gradually going away. ha ha  I am hitting the road in the jeep without the top again today.  It is so fun to run around it.  My little girls just loved it.
Meeting a girlfriend for lunch and we will be outdoors at this restaurant, so we really love our sunshine once we get it.  Keep updating so we know what's happening.  Praying for you today.  Hugs, Tonya
i am more than glad to help anyone who walks thru these doors who wants it and will PERSONALLY work for their recovery.....and many deny,blame,rationalize,lie etc ..try at least...don't cut it with me here as u well know!:)gets old the BS...but today i have the joy of my week my Adult Recovery Group- anywhere from 9-12 ppl come...alcoholics,heroin addicts,pain pill addicts,crack addicts who r sincerely trying to change their lives..and i love it!we have a good group!they remind me of where i came from and what they struggle with i did and still on a daily basis have to hone my recovery skills.they motivate me to come up with good recovery topics that make sense and r applicable 2 them!And u r right..there r many in this forum who have come and gone..didn't want to hear the truth but some good ones who stay with good recovery and good ideas!tjack..u have a good day..sounds cool in more ways than one!
Good evening girls.  Hope things are looking up for you Bandida!  I sure hope you are feeling better and your anklet is GONE bye bye for good.  
Ibizan, hope your day turned out as good as you were expecting .  It is so great that you have the job you have>helping people who have screwed up, just like us.  I hope someday someone will cross my path that I can be of help to.  
Was nice and warm today.  I had to have my tea from Starbucks.  This has turned into an almost daily habit :>).  But, i am not beating myself up for this one. yippee
Have a great Friday.  Terry, waiting to read some good news from you. Tonya
Hi Guys! No sorry to say anklet is still on but the wheels are turning.My atty's secretary called me today and she was in the process of typing up a motion to the judge to have this SOB removed. Guess the letter from the PO and other guy was not enough. Got to sic the big guy on it now. He's using that letter, the Doc's note and lots of other info to present to the judge, maybe even me. Seeing is believing can't poo poo this injury. So tomorrow is friday and most likely I'll have it on thru the wknd. Antibiotics should start wking, but I should still be able to get to it to keep it cleaned and bandaged. Can't do that now and the continued rubbing is not going to let it heal properly until it's off. I do believe for sure it will be off by next week. She told me call her Monday and hopefully she'd have an answer so I don't have to pay another $84 bucks. Thank God this atty still considers it the same case and hasn't asked for a dime. But Tom wants to talk to him about a suit over this thing, we'll see. Some higher up authorities some times need to be put in their place, maybe this is part of the whole scheme. Leave it to me to be the one to set a precedent. If it helps 1 person not to suffer as I am then it's worth it. I shop at a store here that has a starbucks in it, going on Sun after last dui class so I will definitly try this tea you girls rave about. I'll be on a bit longer so standing by. Terry
Hey girl.   I cannot even believe this saga.  It is like a nightmare for you.  I don't even know what to say at this point.  You know how i feel.  I am so sorry Hon.
Hey, get you a venti shaken green tea, no water.  I have them put 3 splenda in mine before they shake it.  Now Ibizan likes the green tea lemonade, but that one is not for me.  You will have to try that one too.  Hey, i would have a drink of tea with you and celebrate when your ankle torture device comes off if i was there.  I will have one out here in Oregon for you anyway.  Hang tough.  I just wish it would come off without you going through another weekend.  Keep updating.   Hugs, Tonya
Tough I am and Tough I'll be till the end,That's the Leo in me. Sleepy...going to hit the sack, will catch up with ya's tomorrow
so which one of u is gonna start a new thread?128 posts here now!this is big!got one of our clerical gals a vanilla latte frappucino from S'Bucks the other day she'd never had one...whooooe!she dug that!prayers for that chewed up chicken ankle bandida!
Buenos Dias Muchachas!!!! It is getting pretty long huh. Thats a good thing I think, it sure has helped me keep my head together thru out all this BS. Hurts to get out of bed in the a.m. I can't wait to get this thing off. I'm going to jump for joy right into the pool!!!! Got to wk today and tomorrow...Sunday is the last DUI class, and Monday well...........I'm hoping for the Best!
someone has 2 start a new post here..too dang long!us girls can gab....good sobriety gab!so whose gonna do it?
It's done, new tag started. Ckeck out my new pic's. Terry
We were just wondering who pays for the Scram if you can't afford it?Cause we have a limited income so it would be kinda hard to do it.
I was just reading your post and now I feel insulted. You used the term (poo-pooing) in one of your posts. I think an apology is in order. Ha ha
Rpoo (Randy)
I wear the monitor and really hate it. I love to swim and take a bath.
I was wondering if I taped it with heavy tape and put a few bags around it, what would happen