Alcoholism Community
stopping red wine side effects

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

stopping red wine side effects

Hi, i stopped drinking alchohol 6 days ago today, due to putting on weight more than me thinking i had a problem. As lots of my friends do the same!
However, i have drunk a bottle of wine a night for probably 7 years or so,I decided to stop,  the trouble is i did not know the dangers, i have been to the doctors as i did not feel well my blood pressure was 189 111 she did not ask if i had stopped drinking etc and i did not think it was connected until the good old internet, anyway my blood pressure is going down to 143 100 and upto 166 100 now. I have no  shakes sweating etc, my face is less swollen and red.However my ribs/chest feel like they have had a good kicking and i feel quite delicate, I have slept lots this week really well but feel very nervous and my breathing is anxious, last night i was sick and i had a headache for 3 days but that has now gone,can anyone tell me what is safer for me as i am reading different things and its very confusing and frightening, should i get one glass of wine to help my body even after 6 days or am i best abstaining, i should mention that i do not feel the need as this experience has scared me lots.I dont want to admit my problem to my doctor but could i still be at risk of seizures etc, many thanks for reading this, any help would be really appreciated..
Tags: red wine
It's not a seizure you sould be worried about at the moment, it's a stroke or heart attack. Blood pressure that high is very, very serious. You should immediatly call an ambulance or proceed to the nearest emergency center, now is not the time to worry about having a glass of wine, and certainly not the time to hide something from your doctor. As a matter of fact this is exactly the kind of thing your doctor needs to know about, that's why nhe or she is a doctor. Trust me, I am a major alcoholic. I stopped drinking 110 days ago and my blood pressure was never, ever that high. Seek medical help NOW.
Thanks , but i went to my doctors and my blood pressure was 189 114 at the time , she told me she had to take my bloods which she did the day after , i have to wait to see what they come back at , this will take a week. Then she said she will give me some tablets.I dont know what else i can do.