tar like liquid vomitted
My boyfriend to put it bluntly is an alcoholic he drinks every night (last night a bottle of vodka and six stellas :( ) He woke up and on the way to work vomited black tar like substance any ideas what it good be? =[
Hi there,

wow.  that does not sound good.  i am amazed that he could go to work at all.  is he feeling okay now?  my sister was a hard core alcoholic for many year and now has all sorts of health problems.  that stuff can really reek havic on the body.  sorry, but i don't know what the black vomit is, but if i were him i would go get checked out by a doctor.

does he have any desire to stop drinking?  does he admit that he has a problem?

Kova
That sounds like he's vomiting old blood....it looks black.  He really needs to see a Dr. and go into rehab.  He stands the chance of veins rupturing in his esophagus and bleeding out....and it happens real fast! I am a recovering alcoholic.....been clean from alcohol for 20 years because of rehab.  My problem over these past two years has been Vicodin due to my mother's death.....self-medicating not to feel the overwhelming grief.  I am currently tapering off of them.  But for the grace of God I didn't drink again.  He really needs to stop and see a Dr. soon.  Good luck to you!
wow, that sounds REALLY SERIOUS!  please explain to him that he quite possibly could kill himself if he does not get help!

Kova
He needs to seek emergency medical help IMMEDIATELY.  He is bleeding internally, and like another poster above mentioned, it could be espohageal varicies, which is basically an anuerysm in the vessels of esophagus rupturing, causing hemorrhage and MANY times, instant death.

Not trying to frighten you, but this could indeed be life threatening.

My thoughts are with you.
Ooops, spelling error....that should be "varacies"
omg :(
natalie.....maybe a scare is what he needs.  Alcoholism really DOES kill, even though people in the throws of it never believe anything bad could happen to them.  If he is usually a hard liquor drinker, he will also be at higher risk.

Please let us know how he is.  Hopefully he will get checked right away.  When found, it can be treated (esophageal varacies)....if it is let go, it can be tragic.  

Hang in there.  At least he is having some symptoms that something indeed is wrong.  
Hello. As a 30 year recovering cross addict who drank vodka like water I can tell you that I would vomit this type of substance on a regular basis.  I am not exactly sure what it was but I am fairly sure that it was not blood.  It was like a type of dark bile that expelled after dry heaving in the morning. Almost like coffee grounds. Whatever it was it was certainly not healthy. It would occur most often when I hadn't ate the previous day while consuming my regular obscene amount of poison (vodka), or if I had ate, it was all meat and little else. I had a terrible diet as I suspect your husband does and usually only ate once a day, at night after drinking. The insanity of alcoholism has no bounds !! I would not eat because it would affect my ability to drink and ruin any drunkenness that I had worked all day to achieve. I pray that your husband finds peace and experiences an awakening before he does any further damage.   ... BURR P.
Opp's, ...I drank for thirty years !!  lol  I wish .. I was a 30 year recovering addict...lol   ... Shooore woulda been a different life !!   lol !!  .. BURR P.
hello. he needs to get to an er as this could be potentially life threatening. if this has been caused by alcohol abuse, he needs to seriously look at stopping whether it be through aa or private counseling. the gi bleeding described above is a very serious condition that can cause a person to bleed to death in a short period of time. if he is fortunate to not have any serious non treatable physical damage, rest assured it is only a matter of time before he will. consider it a wake up call that some never get. take care, gm