Alcoholism Community
tips on how to get past the first few days of quiting

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I need a few tips from someone who has quit. I can't go longer then a about 2 days. Then the urge to buy the white wine comes back. I start feeling really anxious or something, usually around 7ish sometimes earlier if I have been doing nothing all day. all tips would be greatly appreciated. I did rehab before, tried AA, I'm seeing a therapist but none of those things have helped me to quit.
welcome!  sorry i don't have experience with drinking, but someone should come along soon to give you some good advice!  just hang on for a little bit!  this site is great for info and support....
you also maybe should check on the "alcohol" forum as well.....they can give you some good advice there as well i'm sure.  Good luck!  
Tell the people at AA you need help.
Tell the therapist you need help.
If you have a Dr. tell him or her that you need help.
If you go to church, tell someone you trust there.

No one can do this for you but, there is plenty of help out there to help you get the tools to do it for yourself.

I have said many times that I was finished, I was never going to drink again, only to be smashed by dark.....it happened every time until I asked for and got the help I needed.

Reach out to some of these people, I promise you will get help.
Sounds like withdrawal to me. Ask your Doctor about some help getting through the first 24 to 72 hrs. Please stop now before it is too late..you will die from this disease. Be very afraid...surrendering completely before God will work but the decision is yours, free will and all. Life or death.....a very slow and agonizing death for most.
"None of these things have helped me quit"..........U have to have the desire and comittment to stop urself from drinking....one hour at a time...one day at a time!I used this approach.......did detox/inpatient 28 day program in 1983,lots of meetings,surrounded self w/sober/clean ppl, didn't go @ old friends,REFUSED to yield to the urges i had.....i did what i needed to do...not what i wanted to do......end result is 29 years sober/clean!