Alcoholism Community
update on my friends detox

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

update on my friends detox

her sister in law brought her back from the hospital today...it's been really something but i won't get into all of it...they gave her lots of vitimins and adavan or adavit??something like that...she is back on prosac that she went off of quite a while ago....she is very tierd ..depressed...teary...her sister in law is wondering whats next..what to expect....i just talked with my friend(came back from her sister in laws where my friend is staying for now) and i thought she was doing really good for day 6...is there anything she should be taking???? i think shes really done with alcohol...thanks...billy
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Addiction/Amino-Acid-Protocol/show/15?cid=66

Many of the members on the substance abuse forum use this one and have good success.  We always want them to ask their doctor first before taking supplements as some dont mix.  I personally take Ester C, B-6 and B-12.

I hope she will continue with her recovery.  She is lucky to have you guys in her corner......sara
why giving her the ativan?for anxiety?is habit forming to alcoholics and they have to be gradually withdrawn from it!Librium would be a better choice to ease withdrawals.....person has to be withdrawn from it gradually but less likelihood of getting hooked on it from my xperience.She will be xperiencing a moderate amount of depression for some time due to the amount u describe she was drinking....alcohol is a central nervous system depressant so go figure here.....Campral or Naltrexone would be a good choice in helping her to stay sober and further take the craving away for alcohol.she in counseling?a support group?church involvement?